Dodge Durango Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We're looking to refresh our 2018 Durango SRT and get into a 2021. We're looking for a Vice White, black package, tech group, black seats(wife prefers the suede to leather). Because we have a specific build in mind, we haven't been able to find one that checks all the must haves. I'm getting conflicting info from dealers regarding ordering. One saying 6-8 weeks, another saying who knows when and that current build requests going in will end up as 2022 models. Anyone have any recent experience with ordering, or have a line on one that would line up with what we want? Everything listed above is in the "must have" for us. HK audio would be nice but I wouldn't turn one away. There is a similar one coming in to a local dealer - but also an extra 10k in options as it's a build with every single option on it. Which leads me to another question - those that have ordered, what's a decent expectation on price? certain % over invoice?

Thanks!

·
Registered
21 DDRT CLASSIV
130 Posts
We're looking to refresh our 2018 Durango SRT and get into a 2021. We're looking for a Vice White, black package, tech group, black seats(wife prefers the suede to leather). Because we have a specific build in mind, we haven't been able to find one that checks all the must haves. I'm getting conflicting info from dealers regarding ordering. One saying 6-8 weeks, another saying who knows when and that current build requests going in will end up as 2022 models. Anyone have any recent experience with ordering, or have a line on one that would line up with what we want? Everything listed above is in the "must have" for us. HK audio would be nice but I wouldn't turn one away. There is a similar one coming in to a local dealer - but also an extra 10k in options as it's a build with every single option on it. Which leads me to another question - those that have ordered, what's a decent expectation on price? certain % over invoice?

Thanks!
2021 orders have stopped. They are on huge wait times for RT TNG, SRT, Hellcat.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts

Thanks!
Pretty sure the chip shortage has affected ordering times. I would go with the "who knows when" estimate.
As for price, you should be looking to negotiate at or below MSRP whenever passible. Though, again because of the shortage, that will be harder to achieve but not impossible.

·
Registered
41 Posts

Thanks!
I custom ordered my RT TNG late last year. Worked out to be cheaper as I just wanted the Destroyer Grey, Sunroof, HK Sound, and TNG Package. I didn't have to pay for a bunch of other packages that I didn't want/need. They said 3 months, mine was delivered in about 2 months. I was super happy with everything other that the Hyper Black rims, that weren't at all Hyper Black. That was extremely upsetting, and Dodge did absolutely nothing to make it right.
Other than that, love the purchase and I didn't overpay for stuff I didn't need.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2021 RT AWD
1 Posts
I custom ordered my RT TNG late last year. Worked out to be cheaper as I just wanted the Destroyer Grey, Sunroof, HK Sound, and TNG Package. I didn't have to pay for a bunch of other packages that I didn't want/need. They said 3 months, mine was delivered in about 2 months. I was super happy with everything other that the Hyper Black rims, that weren't at all Hyper Black. That was extremely upsetting, and Dodge did absolutely nothing to make it right.
Other than that, love the purchase and I didn't overpay for stuff I didn't need.
Hope this helps.
Same experience here Riflesupply1. We also ordered the Destroyer Gray RT TowNGo AWD. Went with the Blacktop package, so no Rim issues. Was told 3 months, but it took just under two months to receive. I work for CAT and got the Affiliate Discount, so NO COMPLAINTS on price. VERY PLEASED so far.

·
Registered
2016 Durango R/T Arizona
735 Posts
Chad, that is a two month old post. Production has nothing to do with when you ordered. Things change daily with FCA and they are currently on a production stop until August 9, I believe.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Chad, that is a two month old post. Production has nothing to do with when you ordered. Things change daily with FCA and they are currently on a production stop until August 9, I believe.
I absolutely know that it's from 2 months ago... Doesn't change the fact that it was incorrect. Orders were NOT closed and a production stop isn't what they said.

·
Registered
2016 Durango R/T Arizona
735 Posts
The production stop came about last week or the week before, coincidentally right after many of the completed DDs became submerged in flooding of the FCA holding lots. Now the debate is whether all orders can still be built before they are forced to change over to 2022 models. CWGrizzwold has shared quite a bit of good info with us and says that FCA has pushed back the retooling for 2022, but no one knows how far back..

·
Registered
411 Posts
I ordered my Billet TNG with the majority of options mid May. Expected ship date was finally provided 2nd week of July as 7/24, but the very next week the factory closed and my current expected ship date is now 8/23. At this point, I kinda hope it's a 2022 as long as I can get the TNG. I'd definitely go with the expectation that you will be waiting for awhile. Absolutely nothing is guaranteed.

·
Registered
128 Posts
It is really pointless to argue this right now as there are so many unknowns. What we do know is the plant is closed until August 9th for sure. After that, let's hope for smooth sailing until the retool, but I find that highly unlikely. So if anyone out here is expecting a delivery 6 or so weeks after order will be disappointed. With many people jumping to JGC L (instead of the WK2 JGC) that should free up some build slots for Durangos and believe me, Dodge will be prioritizing builds based on profit (Hellcat, SRT 392, R/T, Citadel, etc.) and parts availability. No word on official 2021 build out yet but last I heard they were going to be building 2021s into November at JNAP. I don't expect 2022 to bring anything new for the Durango and there is really no rush to roll the model year.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts