Dodge Durango Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!
I’m new to the thread. Looking forward to hearing from some fellow Durango owners.
I own a 19’ Durango R/T and I would like to make it sound a bit more beasty. I’ve never done any mods on any of my previous vehicles so any advice would be greatly appreciated.
What would be the cheapest/most in expensive way to make it sound good?
What exhaust systems would you suggest?
Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
2014 Durango RT 392
1,056 Posts
Hello!
I’m new to the thread. Looking forward to hearing from some fellow Durango owners.
I own a 19’ Durango R/T and I would like to make it sound a bit more beasty. I’ve never done any mods on any of my previous vehicles so any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you in advance.
Either an axel back system like Gibson, or have the mid muffler removed and an X Pipe welded in it's place. Either one will sound louder and be about the same cost, that is if you install the axel back your self.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Either an axel back system like Gibson, or have the mid muffler removed and an X Pipe welded in it's place. Either one will sound louder and be about the same cost, that is if you install the axel back your self.
Thanks Tony.. Does it take away any horsepower or affect the performance of the Durango when removing the mid muffler?

·
Registered
2014 Durango RT 392
1,056 Posts
I don't think so. Some say you may loose a little torque.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Hello!
Thank you in advance.
I did a midmuffler delete with electric cutouts and 4in black tips. The cutouts (DMH) were $360 and the tips were $100 and found a shop to do all the work for $300. For a total of $760. What I love about the cutouts is that they're adjustable and the best part is that there is no drone. I get compliments almost daily on how people love the sound. THE BEST mod i ever did to the RT!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts