Dodge Durango Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Only starting a new thread as this is a bit specific and I haven't found an answer through search.

2019 DDSRT with AFE Magnum CAI and Borla ATAK exhaust. The exhaust added quite a bit of sound. Love it on cold start, it's a bit loud on WOT. I'm pretty much at the max volume I want to have.

I'm working with someone on potentially doing long tube headers. We're back and forth between American Racing and Kooks, but you cannot go wrong with either. They keep telling me that there will not be a substantial volume increase, but there will be more depth in the exhaust note, a bit throatier. I'd love a little change in sound, but without it being much louder.

Has anyone done long tube headers and can you talk about changes to exhaust volume? Is it obnoxiously loud or am I getting the right feedback that it will sound better, not louder. Audio clips would be so welcome if you have them!!

·
Registered
265 Posts
I have not and do not plan on long tube headers for the DDSRT or DDHC because I've done them in the past. I regretted the install as the extra power was not worth how loud it was with a catback.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts