Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a 2015 DD RT and it has 112k miles. On the 2nd day of ownership, I tried to start and it’s just turned over and over. Then I tried again and it started. Since then it has a long delay (turning over) then starts. Also experienced hard downshift 2-1 and a radio preset reset. Love the ride but worried I might have some issues. Any advise?

·
Registered
4,281 Posts
Probably going to be a dealer visit...or good independent familiar with JGC or Durango's of your model year.
It is either a fuel or ignition issue and if I was to guess I'd lean to fuel pump issue...which could be caused by a faulty TIPM...but just a wild guess.
You might find someone here who had a similar issue if you do a search.

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
You could have a battery on the way out. Have it load tested to rule it out. If the plugs are oem, they are overdue for a change at 112K. The interval is 100K.

Don

·
Registered
364 Posts
Just bought a 2015 DD RT and it has 112k miles. On the 2nd day of ownership, I tried to start and it’s just turned over and over. Then I tried again and it started. Since then it has a long delay (turning over) then starts.
I suspect I am experiencing the same symptom on my 2011 5.7L HEMI Citadel and currently at 108k With original plugs - might be a clue. It seems to fire right off after the Long/No Start. I had the TIPM recall work performed several years ago which basically installs an external relay for the Fuel Pump As the relay on the TIPM is problematic.

Following...

·
Registered
11 Posts
That is a problem with the fuel pump relay on the 11-15 models, it's been recalled again but FCA still don't have a fix other than relay

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I
I suspect I am experiencing the same symptom on my 2011 5.7L HEMI Citadel and currently at 108k With original plugs - might be a clue. It seems to fire right off after the Long/No Start. I had the TIPM recall work performed several years ago which basically installs an external relay for the Fuel Pump As the relay on the TIPM is problematic.

Following...
will change the plugs this weekend.

·
Registered
15 Posts
2015 RT: Have the same problem here, but it will start right up using the remote start!?

Have the issue for months.

This is how I’m getting by: Press the start/run bottom once, then again without your foot in the brake; let the fuel pump prime for a few second, then press the brake pedal, and fire away. Usually works without delays, but occasionally you still get some.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Same here...
It has acted up with remote start very rarely. For sometime now, I've pressed start twice (without pressing the brake) give it 2-3 sec then it always starts right up. It was concerning at first, but it honestly doesn't even bother me now. I should replace my battery soon and maybe spark plugs.
14 RT, approx. 80k miles,

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I will be changing spark plugs this weekend. Hope that helps. I have owned this DD RT for two weeks and I have had some issues. Not a good start.
long start
2-1 hard downshift
A/C hissing noise, now weak a/c. Freon leak.
clunking noise when hitting bumps.
Still love the RT.

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
Just curious:
What did the plugs look like? How were the gaps? The iridium plugs are known to stand up to use much better than the copper ones they used in the past.

Don

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The factory plugs were still in at 112k miles. Gap was at .042-.044 14 of the 16 looked good. Two of them looked a little rough. I used NGK laser iridium. It’s doing good so far. It’s at the shop for the AC right now. Trying to find a leak.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Got it back from AC Shop. It was the AC Condenser. But this morning had a no start just turn over situation. So I’m leaning on battery weak or Fuel pump relay.

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
Ok on the oem plugs still in there. Does not surprise me at all. It's nice that modern day plugs can live that long. Everything has it's limits though.
Re the AC, thankfully it was the condenser, and not the evap.

Don

1 - 17 of 17 Posts