Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This isn't a "Durango event" but I'm hoping some of you own other Mopars and may be able to go.

This is a family friendly event in Houston, TX and is for LX/LC's, the Jeep SRT8, and classic Mopars. There is a show-and-shine, racing, socializing, and more. It starts on the 15th of October and runs through the 18th.

This will be my first year going and I'm bringing the whole family. I'll be using the Durango to tow either my Magnum or my Charger for the test-and-tune racing.

Lone Star Mopar Fest presented by Pennzoil Ultra Platinum

https://www.facebook.com/events/1672622699627702/

Anyone else interested in going?

I'm nothing "official" on behalf of this website or the group, but I saw this and stole it from another thread:

1. Bryan - bryali - participating in test-&-tune & Heritage Lunch, hotel reserved
2. Who's next?

·
0 Posts
I'll be at Lone Star Throwdown next February, also a great show.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I'll be at Lone Star Throwdown next February, also a great show.
Interested! I'll be looking into it.

If only I were closer, Bryan. Love to check out your supercharged beast.
Thanks, I appreciate that.

I know there has to be more than just me that's going. If anyone's passing through Louisiana on I-10, it'd be cool if we could link up and convoy into town.

·
Registered
28 Posts
First off Bryali, awesome truck. Very groundbreaking, in more ways than one. Second, according to their website, Durangos aren't "allowed". I live an hour and a half north of Houston and would love to go.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They're not "allowed" in the racing but there's a "daily driver" category for the show and shine that might work if you're interested in that? However, you can just go to spectate and have a good time.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Alright, that's what I'm talking about! Who else is coming?!

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
There's still time to get registered for the Heritage Lunch, Show-and-Shine, or racing events.

Event t-shirts or crew shirts are also available to pre-order or at the event.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey all... I'm one of the organizers so thought I'd answer some questions.

The precursor to this event started back in 2007. At that time the Texas "LX" clubs were meeting and that included the Chrysler 300, Dodge Charger, Dodge Magnum. A year later the Challenger was released and thus added to the "participating vehicles".

As host club for the event, Space City LX allows the GC SRT in our club, so they are considered "participating" as well. The participating vehicles that will be allowed to show/race are the 300, Charger, Magnum, Challenger, and Jeep GC SRT.

If a Durango is pulling a trailer, or a "support vehicle" for participating vehicle, we'll let them in the show/race parking area. We invite everyone to come out, there is spectator parking for non-participating vehicles.

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me or email [email protected] for info.

If you are in a non-participating vehicle and want to come to the Heritage Lunch, be sure to email and we'll get you the info.

Look forward to meeting you Bryali, BigTex, and whoever else!

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
There we go, a few words from one of the organizers.

I know I'm not the only one with a Durango and one of these participating vehicles: bring 'em all and roll deep with the Mopars!!

·
Registered
28 Posts
I truly can't wait till the show just so I can pick some brains about local performance shops for hemis. I don't have a participating vehicle, so my family and I will have our walking shoes on

·
Registered
11 Posts
Lonestar Mopar Fest is the bomb. The Hemi Hideout Heritage Lunch is a true bonus but the highlight of this show each year is the people. This is the easily one of the best run if not the best run event for Modern Mopars in the country. Team BT has been part of this since day one and going back to when it was called The All Texas Meet and then before that a track day back in 2007 with maybe about 10 or 12 people present. Good times with great friends and good people. If you are on Facebook feel free to take a look at my album from LSMF2014 its public and there are plenty of great pictures in there. Enjoy: https://www.facebook.com/heidi.tetzlaffmiller/media_set?set=a.10204268960380790.1131660111&type=3

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
We're just about a month away, so there's still plenty of time to get registered. Who else is going to make it?

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
23 days! Who else is going?

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
1 week away from the Kickoff Social!

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
48 hours from right now, we'll be gathering at Track 21 in Houston for the Kickoff Social.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts