Dodge Durango Forum banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Sorry you aren't as happy with your vehicle as you had hoped. Maybe I can add some perspective here since I have 11k miles on mine. Keeping in mind that your original statement was regarding how you'd expect more from a $70k vehicle (which I agree with), take these comments as you will. I haven't experienced any of the issues you have listed besides a slight rattle (mine's in the passenger side door speaker) and the weather pop-ups (which I think you can disable). I can also add a few complaints of my own; sunroof not lying flat when closed (doesn't leak though), the beats audio is crap (should've stayed with the Alpine system), a damaged wheel on delivery (was replace), and the brembo brake dust is ridiculous. That said, you have to expect issues with ANY car. I traded in a 2010 Infiniti QX56 for this DSRT. While it was a solid vehicle, it had a couple rattles, the driver door closed with a rattling sound (not a thud), the infotainment center was horrible (couldn't even scroll the nearest restaurants option on the nav unless you stop moving, not helpful on the highway), had to "agree" to use the nav system (yet didn't offer an alternative), short wheelbase was uneasy over some bumps during curves in road, couldn't just set the climate control to circulate to avoid fumes from a truck, etc. And it was a $70k LUXURY vehicle. This is a high performance machine with some luxury aspects. I don't see where any of your complaints are big enough deals to get worried about. Annoying? Yes. But every car I've ever owned has it's quirks and I've owned Ford, Chevy, Honda, Nissan, Infiniti, Lexus, Toyota, Chrysler, Mazda, Hyundai, Ram, Dodge, Lincoln, and Buick. Just do what you can to fix the things that can be fixed and don't sweat the little things. If it just becomes too much, trade out of the lease when you can and hope the next vehicle is better.

·
Registered
70 Posts
To herein2018. They told you that the filler tube is on a 6 month back order. Really? Did the production line shut down because they don't have any filler tubes? If it's a problem to you, tell them to take 1 from the line. I was waiting 3 weeks for a part when I had a Magnum RT. Told them to get me the part or by the car back. Don't know if they took it from the line or not, but I finally got my car back after 4 weeks.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Anyone know where the active dampening suspension module is located on the Durango SRT? I removed the rear wheels to see if there were any loose, frayed or disconnected wires around the shock areas, but haven't found any.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Got the truck back awhile ago, and I've been meaning to update my post:

1) Fuel filler problem = fixed. It was the filler tube, it now fills just like every other car on the road, so if you have this problem stop blaming the gas station and take it in.
2) Paint problem = fixed. They buffed the spots and now it looks perfect.
3) Dash squeak = worse. It squeaks more now but there's really not much you can do about it except turn up the radio.
4) Weather alerts = not fixed. No one seems to have a fix for this, the dealership said they fixed it but they are still happening. But I haven't seen one in about a week so its less annoying. Hurricane season is starting though so I'm about to find out how bad they can get.

Overall I still do not regret my purchase, there simply is nothing else that compares to its space and power. If I only need oil changes and tires from here out I may even buy it after the lease is up.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I took my DD today for the Cruise control recall and the Fuel filler tube issue. I was told the tube is on back-order and they don't know when it will be available and they will call me once they get it.

·
Registered
630 Posts
bumping this because I may have stumbled on a solution to the "failed to open performance pages" message. If you get a failed to load PP...and it is the first thing you tried to go into after start back out and open the map function then go back to the PP icon or widget.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Today the right turn signal started flashing rapidly, usually an indication that a bulb burned out. It didn't give me any messages about it, but I noted that the turn signal bulbs in the right mirror and right front were not working. When I drove it later it was working again. Anyone else had this happen?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Today the right turn signal started flashing rapidly, usually an indication that a bulb burned out. It didn't give me any messages about it, but I noted that the turn signal bulbs in the right mirror and right front were not working. When I drove it later it was working again. Anyone else had this happen?
Very common in this generation of Durango.

1949 International KB2 "Mater" 302/T5

1968 Dodge Dart GTS "The Drat", 340/727

2006 Dodge Magnum R/T the "Wagnum", 5.7/auto

2016 Dodge Durango Limited, 3.6/auto

41 - 48 of 48 Posts