Dodge Durango Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After much searching I cant come up with any code or place to purchase some "light out" touch up paint for my 21 R/T Black Top. Thanks in Advance

·
Registered
2020 DDSRT Octane Red, 2020 Ram 1500 Crew Cab, 2021 HD FLHXS
153 Posts
After much searching I cant come up with any code or place to purchase some "light out" touch up paint for my 21 R/T Black Top. Thanks in Advance
Your paint code, along with tire pressure, is on your driver's front door pillar. Take that code and Google 21 dodge rt paint code xxx.

·
Premium Member
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Your paint code, along with tire pressure, is on your driver's front door pillar. Take that code and Google 21 dodge rt paint code xxx.
The Durango is Octane Red thats on the sticker. The Wheels are painted Lights Out, that code is not listed on the door jam sticker.

Reactions: Ollie Crow

·
Registered
525 Posts
Try the link at the bottom of this post. It's a PDF that includes wheel color codes... it looks like lights out is a rename for one of several official colors. Mopar brands tend to use different names for the same code when used on different vehicles. I would say your wheels are probably one of these:

PX8 - Gloss Black
PXF - Jet Black
PNW - Black Noise

Click here

Reactions: CWGrizzwold

·
Premium Member
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks. I have crossed off ones I know can't be "lights out" as I have used them on other vehicles. I'm sure we will figure it out. Dealer is suppose to get back to me as well
Product Rectangle Font Material property Parallel

Reactions: va-terps4

·
Registered
2021 Durango RT AWD Town'NGo
108 Posts
I have a small scratch on one wheel (lights-out) and I need the right code to order it. Anyone knows?

·
Registered
368 Posts
I have a small scratch on one wheel (lights-out) and I need the right code to order it. Anyone knows?
Honestly you’re better off finding a reputable wheel repair shop who can color match it for you and professionally repair the scratch. If you want to go the touch up route, PNW is the correct code.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Honestly you’re better off finding a reputable wheel repair shop who can color match it for you and professionally repair the scratch. If you want to go the touch up route, PNW is the correct code.
PNW? I kept reading in this forum and people are saying it is the PXY (Hyper Black). Are you sure 100% that the lights-out wheels in the 2021 Durango RT TnG is Black Noise instead of Hyper Black?

·
Registered
108 Posts
It is a really super small tiny scratch from transportation, when car was coming home. So, is it PNW?

·
Registered
2018 Durango SRT Bruiser Gray
334 Posts
It is a really super small tiny scratch from transportation, when car was coming home. So, is it PNW?
If it's that small, the subtle difference between the different blacks probably won't matter.

Use a sharpie. ;)

Reactions: yosy

·
Registered
431 Posts
Hyper black is a silver. Not Lights Out. The below is a picture of the Hyper Black wheels that are the base color for SRT 392 and Tow N Go.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood

·
Registered
2021 Billet R/T TNG
810 Posts
I have a couple of small scratches since delivery that I only see when I’m on my hands and knees. Usually after a day or two of brake dust, I can’t see them lol.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I have a couple of small scratches since delivery that I only see when I’m on my hands and knees. Usually after a day or two of brake dust, I can’t see them lol.
Same here 😩

·
Registered
108 Posts
I have purchased PXY and PNW, compared them with my wheels color (light-out) but I dont think any of those are light-out, they are darker than my wheels and glossy. Wheel color is matte and less dark.
Any idea of what color light-out wheels in the SRT/Hellcat/RT TnG are?
Rectangle Font Electric blue Pattern Label

·
Registered
165 Posts
Are any of the touch up paints going to actually match though? I've never really had painted wheels or tried to touch them up, but I would think they'd really need to be refinished and baked to get the colors to actually match.

I would think anything else is going to show if you look closely enough?

·
Registered
108 Posts
1 - 20 of 25 Posts