Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about mounting an unnecessary amount of auxiliary lights on my Durango. I've upgraded all of the existing lights to LED, literally every bulb inside and out, but it's just not enough for driving at night on the back roads. I was thinking of adding a 50" or a 52" (I've done 0 measuring) above the windshield, but can't seem to find those mounting brackets for a durango. Has anyone tried the ram 1500 mounting brackets, or know of any for a 2nd gen D? Also, any suggestions on light bars behind the grill? I'm talking size, where to mount, all of it. I've never put additional lighting on any vehicle, but this durango just seems made for offroad lighting.

·
Registered
8 Posts
If you want a really easy solution to aux lighting, you can buy this $50 kit. Might not be your style, but no modifications had to be done in order to install this. Just bolt on, wire up, and run the switch into the cab, done.

On a side note. Did you replace your headlight bulbs with LED's? If so, what did you go with? Did you have to get cancellers?

·
Registered
205 Posts
I was considering the same thing for scouting the woods at night. I am thinking about installing some bars under the cab so there is no reflection from the car. I am not a big fan of the roof mount LED bars, they are ugly IMO.

I can say, based on hauling lumber on the roof, that the roof is definitely less than 48 inches from door jamb to door jamb.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts