Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys,I bought my parents 99 Durango that we have had for about ten years. I'm running 31s right now on the truck and I'm thinking about doing a small lift nothing crazy. I'm looking at about a 3 inch lift.the one lift I saw had bigger torsion keys, and a drop shackle in the rear. What recommendations do you guys have? Like I said not looking for crazy hight just a little bit taller ride hight with out a body lift.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
8,062 Posts
You don't really need the keys., just the shackles. Put the front end on jackstands and crank the adjusting bolt 8 turns on each side. That gives you @ 2" in the front. Then put on the shackle kit in the rear and your good to go. Other than time it costs @ 50 dollars.

Reactions: Neil H

·
Registered
14 Posts
Where would i find the adjacent for the front? I'm going to 31 inch tall tires on my 99 Durango 318 and I'm worried about inside rubbing on hard turns also would it be better to go to a different gear ratio in the rear end? I have a stock 99 Dodge Durango SLT 5.2 L 318 two wheel drive

·
Administrator
8,062 Posts
31"x10.50" tires were the stock option for the 99 and will fit with no problem at all at stock height.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts