Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Back in 2014 I purchased the Chrysler Lifetime Warranty for my Citadel from Clay Robbins out of Zeller Motors. I am now looking to buy a new Dodge Ram. It appears that Clay is no longer at that dealership as my e-mail to him was kicked back. Anybody know where he went or where I can get a ripping deal on a Lifetime Warranty? Thanks and Happy Holidays!!

·
Registered
202 Posts

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
They still offer the Lifetime service contracts. Not on Hellcats or diesels however, that is what they stopped offering.
From the top of the link you posted:

Even though New Lifetime Maximum Care Plans are not available beginning December 1, 2018, Lifetime contracts currently in effect before that date will be honored throughout the lifetime of your vehicle to the original purchaser(s) at any authorized Mopar dealership.

You can't get one on anything anymore, but if you already have one, it is still valid. That's why I said I was going to keep my Durango forever.

·
Registered
170 Posts
One can then ask oneself why? Too many claims making them losing $$$, and yes I will keep mine forever too :) which was the reason for paying the high premium for the lifetime warranty.

·
Registered
4,076 Posts
I believe the caveat on the Lifetime Warranty is once the repair exceeds the value of the vehicle, FCA can decide to just pay you back the cost of the warranty and cancel it.
So once you have a couple hundred thousand miles on it..or its around 10yrs old and the trans or engine fail...odds are its not going to get replaced under the warranty.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I believe the caveat on the Lifetime Warranty is once the repair exceeds the value of the vehicle, FCA can decide to just pay you back the cost of the warranty and cancel it.
So once you have a couple hundred thousand miles on it..or its around 10yrs old and the trans or engine fail...odds are its not going to get replaced under the warranty.
From the first page of my Lifetime MaxCare service contract.
"The maximum benefit amount should a covered component of the vehicle fail will be the total cost of the repairs per visit less the deductible, or the cash value of the vehicle, whichever is less."
It goes on to say the value will be determined by the average retail value in the current NADA used car pricing guide.

I don't have this contract on my Durango because I never intended to keep it long.
The contract I have is for my wife's 2015 Chrysler 200, with the famous 9 speed trans. I was skeptical of that and all the electronics on these new cars.

·
Registered
4,076 Posts
Yes, that's the clause...and then it says once it reaches that point, where the repair exceeds the cash value of the vehicle, your coverage is cancelled.
I passed too as I put a lot of miles on my vehicles and I'm in an area with mild temps and smooth roads...but was concerned on how the electronics will hold up. So far, so good after 5 yrs.

·
Registered
59 Posts
That’s incorrect, FCA pays you the value of the vehicle, not the cost of the service contract.

Example: if an engine costs $7,500 and value is $5,000 they cut you a check for $5k, not the $2,500 originally paid for coverage.

NADA retail on a loaded 2011 Citadel 5.7 AWD with 200k miles is $12,275 right now. So there is an excellent chance of getting expensive repairs covered a decade from now.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts