Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a '12 Crew AWD Hemi, backup camera, remote start, Alpine (?) 9-speaker stereo system, cloth seats (preferred), Rear climate controls, perhaps some other bells/whistles I may be overlooking. I believe she's got a sport type suspension as well, I don't know but I've never seen an SUV handle like this, I've had mustangs that were comparable!
Anyway, I gave $18,000 for her with 107,000mi. As I scoured the Web for weeks looking at perhaps hundredsome of Durango, this one stuck out in her Mineral Gray dress and the price with these options/miles were at least $3,000 less than many others that I seen. In fact, the only ones I saw that were cheaper were 6cyl and usually 2wd, or had the low-end head unit or something. This was the cheapest with all of these features, (which is what I wanted to the "t"), so that's why I jumped on it. Also had a clean, one-owner carfax and 3 month warranty. Full warranty, from a respectable, established dealer. A big place that made me feel like an individual, and treated me right. Never being forceful, no hidden/bogus fees and they helped me out by giving me twice what my trade-in was worth!
I've bought alot of vehicles in my 43 years on this earth and have only a handful of experiences like this while buying. Usually it's a big hassle trying to get to a fair price only to have them throw a bunch of retarded fees at you in the end. Like I said, this was priced at least $3k under all of the other comparable ones that I seen and she was wearing the color that I wanted.
So, i don't feel as though I got hurt, i actually feel like I got a helluva deal! So, yeah. Whadda you guys think?
Oh, I'm new here. How ya doin? I don't like the introduction forums, call me old fashioned but it's just clutter to me, this is the way we used to introduce ourselves, by making a post and talking with each other. Not having a specific place just for, uh high, my name is bill, I've been clean for 3 days! Wooo!! Oh, uh wrong place, you get the idea though.

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
I don't think that's a bad price... Little on the high side according to kbb but if it's super clean inside and out not bad at all. And your introduction is just fine haha, that's how most people introduce themselves here! Welcome! Now start modding it hahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Time to modify indeed! How does the Gibson exhaust sound? I've never heard of them and haven't seen it advertised anywhere, where dI'd you get the axle-back setup from?

Edit: she is extremely clean and well cared for. No dings or scratches either!

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
How YOU doin? Congrats, I think you and that ride will get along just fine. I fell in love with the first Durango I ever test drove and nothing else seemed to be comparable since then (without being nearly twice the cost that is). Post a pic or two and show it off. Look around the forum, there's a lot of cool ideas to make you love that thing even more

·
Premium Member
5,764 Posts
Welcome,
The miles are high for 4 year old vehicle. But if all else is clear, It most likely a all-hiway previous owner. I just traded my 2012 Challenger SXT in at 79700 miles, I got almost 12k trade-in. so the dealership could turn around and sell easily for 15.5k, most likely 17 start price. So your fully optioned Durango sounds like a good find. That's the type of $ frame I'll be looking at when wife needs her ride upgraded. Although I'm looking for 50-70k less miles.(yeah $ change at that point)
Good luck and the gun metal is the best paint on dodge! Not quite black and darker than grey!

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Welcome, sounds like you got your dream Durango!! Congrats!

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Time to modify indeed! How does the Gibson exhaust sound? I've never heard of them and haven't seen it advertised anywhere, where dI'd you get the axle-back setup from?

Edit: she is extremely clean and well cared for. No dings or scratches either!
I love it! Sounds fantastic. I got it from auto anything and got the stainless version.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Welcome,
The miles are high for 4 year old vehicle. But if all else is clear, It most likely a all-hiway previous owner. I just traded my 2012 Challenger SXT in at 79700 miles, I got almost 12k trade-in. so the dealership could turn around and sell easily for 15.5k, most likely 17 start price. So your fully optioned Durango sounds like a good find. That's the type of $ frame I'll be looking at when wife needs her ride upgraded. Although I'm looking for 50-70k less miles.(yeah $ change at that point)
Good luck and the gun metal is the best paint on dodge! Not quite black and darker than grey!
I felt it was pretty high mileage as well but you got it when you said highway miles. The guy commuted almost a hundred miles a day from what the dealer said and evidently he's a returning customer and knows them which I might believe as they are mostly family that runs the dealership. Also, it's been well taken care of and it looked as if none of the passenger seats were ever used!
Regardless, there's not a scratch or ding on the outside and the inside looks brand new as well. I don't feel like I got hurt and their warranty is usually 30 days but I got them to give me a 90 day. The only reason I wasn't able to talk them down any lower is because there wasn't another durango around here anywhere near that price.
One thing that has me curious is that the vin # generated list that the dealer uses to describe their vehicles on sales sites stated it was a 6cyl with standard am/fm radio and no backup camera or any options that I had. I assumed that someone got lazy when they were typing but they said that they just enter the vin and the list populates based on that. And the price that I got was based on a 6cyl awd with no bells or whistles so is it possible for the vin to be out of whack? Therefore allowing the options that are listed to be false? Because really, this thing should've been around $22,000 with all these options and the miles. I've researched alot of Durango and the crews with Hemi and rwd are right at $20k around here.
But in the end, who cares? I'm happy and they didn't lose much money so I don't feel like I robbed em or somethin!

·
Premium Member
5,764 Posts
Did you plug in the vin yourself, or the sales guy?
Dodge website has a vin checker.
Dodge - Contact Us
Under equipment list on left side will lead you to enter vin, to see your build sheet.

I also saw some unusual listings for the Dodge dart back when I was looking, All the limited's came with 2.4l engines, yet this one place, north of me, posted all there limiteds as 1.4. I blamed it as typo's and never drove the 30 miles to look, either, found mine next door to my house practically.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts