Dodge Durango Forum banner

Leather dash pad wrinkles

2K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  Vice-White 
#1 ·
This just had to have happened in the last week. I get into my wife's JGC this am and the dash pad is wrinkled on the passenger side and the lip by the windshield is buckled up. Why Stellantis?

Now the decision to make is to have aloser dealership replace the dash pad which looks like a whole day job with a million screws/nuts and connecters. Some quick pics below.

2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude 60k vehicle with <5k miles on it purchased new.

Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive design

Plant Building Road surface Asphalt Shade

Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Vehicle Car

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
@Vice-White this looks similar to the issues in the Chrysler Pacifica with the stitched leather dash. our 2019 Limited has two 'bubbles' similar to those.

I believe its a case of the adhesive coming loose/breaking down in those areas.

I decided it was not worth the trouble in our 2019 Pacifica.

Reactions: Vice-White
#4 ·
After seeing the removal and installation process I am not sure I will do it versus just dumping the Jeep.
The whole dash module comes out which is crazy. Dealer techs can't even diagnose a heated seat issue yet Mopar thinks they can do a job like this? But I think it would be subbed out to a body shop to get it done. In either case if I get it done I am telling the dealer you have 1 day to do it once i drop the vehicle off. Not weeks! I take it in for a look see on Monday!

Reactions: DDC
#6 ·
It is more then wrinkles as the front edge of the dash pad (towards the windshield) is warping upwards as well.

I am thinking about maybe trying to heat up the wrinkles with an iron (with a thin towel under it) to try and re-activate the glue. If I can, I am going to sell it next week.

#9 ·
Brought the jeep in for a look see this morning. They checked and Digital does not need to be involved. (trust me, Mopar's Digital Imaging team is not what I woudl trust to get warranty work approved)
They are going to order the 2 dash parts and will call me to schedule when they come in. The dealer told 1 full day maybe 2 as it a tedious big job. I said my wife will nspect the work so make sure it is perfect cause my wife will not be a happy camper if it is a shit job or other damage occurs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.