Dodge Durango Forum banner

Keystone Styling Rear Wing Group Buy

9K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  skitzo.d 
#1 ·
Ok this is the first information I got back from my local shop. I don't know if this is a great price, but it's good as I paid over $200 for the wing plus tax about 4 years ago.
The price he gave me was $182 each with a minimum order of only 5 needed. He set up the price on it stating that Keystone really does no discounting at all. When I mentioned I'd seen some on eBay, his reply was that they aren't original Keystone Styling products? hence why some have stated they didn't receive directions. My guess is they'd cost no more than $200 shipped to anyone.
Sorry guys, it's the best I can do but it is a great product.
If anyone's interested, let me know so I can order them and ship from here. Also, if anyone wants theirs pre-painted, I may be able to get it done as well for an additional cost but it would take longer to get it to you.
Steve
DOC Pres

#2 ·
Oh man that's not good. I was hoping to get a much better price than that. If you look here Summit has it for $150. And here is one from BTG that comes primed and ready to paint for $182.95. Thanks for the effort Steve, I really do appreciate it, its just that I saw it at $150 2 weeks ago and thought maybe $120-130 for a group buy. Maybe we can contact Summit to get a better price than $150 lol.

#3 ·
Just made sure and it is part DUR-1 and it is Keystone Styling on Summit and for only $150.99 (the price is plus shipping!)
Oh well, I'll leave my guy a message letting him know that and let you all know soon.
Sorry
Steve
DOC Pres

#4 ·
FSTDANGO3 said:
Just made sure and it is part DUR-1 and it is Keystone Styling on Summit and for only $150.99 (the price is plus shipping!)
Oh well, I'll leave my guy a message letting him know that and let you all know soon.
Sorry
Steve
DOC Pres
IIRC, Summit only charges a handling fee for most orders. I was charged $9.75 handling when I ordered my muffler. Tires and chemicals may incur a special delivery charge, but I believe that's about it.

#5 ·
I paid $184.03 <u>delivered/primed </u>from TruckAddons.com on Jan 8th. I later found it a few bucks cheaper at Summit. Midway down the page on TruckAddons is the DUR-1 for the Gen1 Ds.

I have no complaints about the product, shipping, etc. From there, I took it to my local body shop to be painted.

Steve, sounds like your guy wanted to make a few bucks at your expense. Unfortunately he didn't understand that we probably know more about this stuff than he does and he got caught. Sorry man, nice try. Sometimes when you stick your neck out, it gets chopped off. :|

IndyDurango

#6 ·
No

He copied me the letter from the Keystone rep stating we could have them for jobber pricing which was $182.
Just trying to help.
Steve
DOC Pres

#7 ·
Re: No

FSTDANGO3 said:
He copied me the letter from the Keystone rep stating we could have them for jobber pricing which was $182.
Just trying to help.
Steve
DOC Pres
Well if he's really interested in a few orders from our guys, then maybe he could ask his rep to get on the ball and sharpen his pencil. Perhaps pointing out the Summit and TruckAddons everyday price will be the prompting he needs to get it done.

Again, thanks for trying Steve.

IndyD

#8 ·
New Lower Price

I'll contact him ASAP. He's a great guy and I've always ordered most stuff from him and he's beat most prices. I'll see if he can put some pressure on his distributor.
Let me ask how many would we be interested in this if he can get it lower? Let me know!

Update:
Ok I went back and let it rip! Me and him had a 3 way call on the phone with his distributor and the lowest he can get them for is $155 + shipping; which I'd guess would be about $10 anywhere in the 50 states. We do need a minimum of 5 orders to get that price but at least we're in the game now!
Let me know and, once we have 5 orders and the $$$, I'll pick them up and send them out to each of you who orders one.
Steve
DOC Pres

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.