Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did a forum search and didn't find anything.

Anyone run into this on their Durango? I know it was an issue for the 1st gen Challengers with the receiver module.

I drove my car to pick up my kids, got them, and came back to the car. Keyless Go opened the passenger door. I got in and went to press the start button..."Keyfob not Detected" I tried to hold the fob up to the steering column. Nothing. I pressed the buttons on the fob. They locked, unlocked, and remote started the car. But it still wouldn't allow me to unlock the car because it wouldn't detect the fob.

I called a local dodge dealer and spoke with a service manager. He told me to walk away from the car for a few minutes to reset the signal. I took a 10 minute walk...nothing. He said if that failed I'd need to disconnect the battery for 10 minutes for a full reset and if that didn't work I'd be SOL. Well, I didn't have tools on me to disconnect the terminals. So, I just pulled the keyless go fuse and plugged it back and viola it worked.

Anyone else have this happen? 2014 RT with 44k...never had a single issue before this.

·
Registered
2014 Durango Limited V-6 / AWD
1,123 Posts
I had the same problem a couple of years ago. First happened at night at the mall, and holding the fob to the start button worked. The next morning, nothing. Had it towed to the dealer and they reset the module. I probably should have tried disconnecting the battery, but work was calling...only issue I've ever had with my Durango.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
yep.. very common issue... took mine in to dealer to diagnose... updated WIN module... about $100 fix... works perfect now

·
Registered
30 Posts
We had a similar problem with a car that has push button start - a Toyota - but it may apply here. We found that the brake switch was faulty. The car needs a "brake depressed" signal before the car will start. Like you all other buttons worked on the fob, just not start. Anyway, might want to check your brake switch.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Havent had an issue since I pulled and reset the fuse...so knock on wood, perhaps the signal just crossed somehow and needed a reset.

·
Registered
207 Posts
yep.. very common issue... took mine in to dealer to diagnose... updated WIN module... about $100 fix... works perfect now
Anyone know how to update the win module? Having this issue w my sore key fob. Unplugging the fuse didn’t work for me? Thank you guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts