Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw a couple videos on how to reprogram an existing key fob for other dodges but nothing for a Durango. Does anyone know how to do it. It starts if I use the key fob to push the button but does not recognize the fob any other way. None of the buttons work. I replaced the battery but still nothing. It may have became disconnected from the truck.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I saw a couple videos on how to reprogram an existing key fob for other dodges but nothing for a Durango. Does anyone know how to do it. It starts if I use the key fob to push the button but does not recognize the fob any other way. None of the buttons work. I replaced the battery but still nothing. It may have became disconnected from the truck.
The FOB cannot be "disconnected" from your vehicle.
First, try a fresh name brand battery in a sealed package. Make sure you installed it correctly and try again.
FOB's can only be reprogrammed by the dealer, or a certified locksmith with the equipment needed to access the cars system.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The FOB cannot be "disconnected" from your vehicle.
First, try a fresh name brand battery in a sealed package. Make sure you installed it correctly and try again.
FOB's can only be reprogrammed by the dealer, or a certified locksmith with the equipment needed to access the cars system.
I tried 2 new batteries but nothing on the remote works. The truck starts if you push the button with the actual fob. I saw one video for a Dodge Journey using the pocket in the door panel to reconnect the fob to the truck. But that doesn’t work for our trucks.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I tried 2 new batteries but nothing on the remote works. The truck starts if you push the button with the actual fob. I saw one video for a Dodge Journey using the pocket in the door panel to reconnect the fob to the truck. But that doesn’t work for our trucks.
If the truck starts when you push the START button with the FOB, then it is programmed. The "smart" portion of the FOB may be damaged, or there can be an issue with the antennas inside the truck that recognizes the FOB is present.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
I had a similar problem, fob wouldn't open or lock the doors, and I needed to push the Start button with the fob to start the truck. Dealer ended up having to reset the Radio Frequency Hub Module.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts