Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2012 Dodge Durango with the push to start option. I have two key fobs and they can both start the engine when I am in the car and unlock the car by touching the handle. However, the buttons on one of the fobs stopped working. Nothing happens when any of the buttons are pressed. I have swapped all the parts between the working and non working ones and it seems to be the circuit board. I have cleaned the contacts, but still nothing. Swapping the rubber part with the contacts also does not fix it.

Because it can still start the car and unlock the doors, it is clearly getting power. There just seems to be something wrong with the transmitter or somehow the buttons got deprogrammed from the vehicle. Is there any fix besides getting a replacement fob?

·
Registered
2019 Dodge Durango R/T AWD
73 Posts
If the board just seems to be dead in some way, a new key is the only way to go. I'd recommend getting one from North Coast Keyless rather than a dealer. They sell used keys that have either a new or deprogrammed board in them. They are MUCH cheaper than a dealer fob. I went through them with my mom's Jeep as one of the fobs went missing. The fob was $75 to the doorstep and so I only had to pay the dealer programming fee ($55). It's still not cheap, but it was way better than the $300+ I was quoted straight from the service department.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts