Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all

I was wondering if anybody else is having the same problem as me. I own a 2015 Durango Limited and quite often when the vehicle is running and someone opens a door I get a message that the key fob has left the vehicle. I've taken it to the stealership and they replaced the key fobs and the main RKE module. Still not fixed. Anybody have any insight on this? Any info would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland V6
1,570 Posts
I only get the Fob has left the vehicle warning when I get out and go to the mailbox leaving the car running with the fob in my pocket The message pops up when I open the door again to get back in. As soon as I close the door the warning goes away.

·
Premium Member
3,620 Posts
IIRC, there are a couple of antennas placed around the inside of the car to pick up the FOB signals. Might be that one has failed, or become disconnected.

Don

Reactions: Gundo

·
Registered
380 Posts
I agree with Don, I only get this message when I step out and have key with me.

Then I come back in and it disappears.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello all

I was wondering if anybody else is having the same problem as me. I own a 2015 Durango Limited and quite often when the vehicle is running and someone opens a door I get a message that the key fob has left the vehicle. I've taken it to the stealership and they replaced the key fobs and the main RKE module. Still not fixed. Anybody have any insight on this? Any info would be greatly appreciated!
Hi, I have the same problem in my Durango, 2014.. and the fix is in the forum in one post, i don't remember where exactly but I read it here... but let me try to guide you...

The problem is in a ground point.. if you open the hood and see down to the engine bay at the passenger side (right side), you will see two cables connected to de chassis, unscrew both of them, perform a deep cleaning to all, terminals, chassis, bolts... reconnect and problem solved... the problem is with one of them, but it is not bad to clean both once you get there...

I do that to my Durango, almost a year ago., no problems any more..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts