Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Installed a K&N cai last night on 2014 RT and I'm not completely satisfied with the install. For starters the crankcase vent hose isn't long enough to be routed out the side of the engine cover like the stock one. Is this normal? Also, the I take hose is touching an AC line as well as the power steering hose line - I have to assume there is some vibration at the very least which will lead to issues over time. Am I missing something? Does anyone else have this set up with the same results? Some photos below. Thank you for the help! image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
image.jpg this is where the crankcase venthose is routed currently. It's not kinked and not being pinched by anything... Just not where it's supposed to to be!

·
Registered
409 Posts
Same thing here. Haven't had any issues with it whatsoever. I agree they should've made it longer, but everything has worked out so far and I've had it for going on 2 years

·
Registered
219 Posts
The fitment of this intake is far better than what they made for the Charger. If I had done things the other way around (charger 1st) I would have went with a different brand for the Durango. With that being said I'm very happy with the one in my Durango.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
awesome - thanks for the input. I went out and looked at it more closely today and am not as concerned as I was when installing last night in the dark.

·
Super Moderator
2,287 Posts
Same thing here. Haven't had any issues with it whatsoever. I agree they should've made it longer, but everything has worked out so far and I've had it for going on 2 years
same here, had it for 2 years and no issues

·
Registered
2014 Durango RT, 392 Hemi, Eibach Coils, 22" Hellcat Reps, Corsa Exhaust
624 Posts
I have the polished version, I used a piece of rubber hose on the AC line to protect it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts