Dodge Durango Forum banner

Just ordered my Durango Hellcat

127K views 834 replies 80 participants last post by  ill_smo_q 
#1 · (Edited)
I called two local Dodge dealerships today, one who wouldn't sell a Hellcat for under $10k ADM, and the other selling at MSRP. Guess which one I ordered from?

I was given a delivery lead time of about 10 weeks, but we'll see if that'll hold.

See less See more
#6 ·
Well, I can’t ever afford one; but congrats. For that kind of money, it better be perfect.
My advise, don’t let the dealer wash it.
Why? They hire young guys that don’t take proper washing techniques that end up scratching the clear coat.

Think of clear coat like a thin clear jacket over you. That clear coat wears over years.

Yes some scratches can be removed but that’s because your leveling out the clear coat. In other words, you are removing the clear coat which is not good.

The more you remove scratches the clear coat is getting close to non existent.
That does take years, just my 2 cents.

If you ever need detailing tips, just ask me. Be glad to help you.

Edit: I see you got blacktop package, if so the rims do scratch fairly easy. Just a tip.

#11 ·
Hah, reputable car dealerships don't exist in FL. I may need to go out of state again for this one. The one that quoted me $5k was the largest volume dealer in FL, or so they say. I do get the feeling that they may contact me tomorrow with an offer to drop the ADM. If not, then I have a road trip in my future.

#12 ·
I hope they can deliver your Hellcat in 10 weeks. I ordered a replacement 2021 SRT for my wife since her 2018 SRT was taken out by a driver on phone. I ordered it on August 22nd and every 2 weeks when they update me it says still in scheduling stage. Waiting for parts is what they tell me. I ordered pretty much the same options package.

#13 ·
Oddly enough, it could be the SRT/Hellcat Brembo calipers causing the delay. I have the parts on backorder right now with EastCoastMopars, they claim national backorder, so if there's none for dealers, there's little to none for new builds in all likelihood.

Gratz and you all and the Hellcat D's!!! Very jealous, looks like a bad a$$ SUV.

#14 ·
I placed my order yesterday as well! I went with the same color spec of my wife’s 2018 DDSRT. She doesn’t like change so we went with the exact same for her.
My dealer also said that the turnaround for delivery on other dodge products that he ordered is looking like 4-5 months. He said it is horribly slow. So I am anticipating a delivery of March or April which bodes well for us. Here is a spec sheet of my build.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#17 ·
I placed my order yesterday as well! I went with the same color spec of my wife’s 2018 DDSRT. She doesn’t like change so we went with the exact same for her.
My dealer also said that the turnaround for delivery on other dodge products that he ordered is looking like 4-5 months. He said it is horribly slow. So I am anticipating a delivery of March or April which bodes well for us. Here is a spec sheet of my build.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
March or April. Good. Swerve the snow. (Congrats on your purchase, by the way. 🤟 😎)

#16 ·
I called two local Dodge dealerships today, one who wouldn't sell a Hellcat for under $10k ADM, and the other selling at MSRP. Guess which one I ordered from?

Specs:
  • MSRP: $80,995
  • Reactor Blue: $0
  • Technology Group: $2,395
  • Blind Spot and Cross Path Detection: $495
  • Power Sunroof: $1,295
  • Red Seat Belts: $95
  • Harman Kardon: $995
  • Trailer Tow Group: $1,195
  • Black Package: $1,495
  • Destination: $1,495

Total: $90,455

I was given a delivery lead time of about 10 weeks, but we'll see if that'll hold.
Damn brother, extremely happy to hear about guys getting the hellcat Durango. I’ve already convinced my wife I’m getting one, however, I’m gonna have to settle for a used one. So it’ll be sometime before I join the 700hp club but patience will payoff as I’ll be smiling from ear to ear once I have it. Definitely have to post some pics once you get it.

#18 ·
I got my order in as well, it took 8 dealerships but I found one only 30min away that could do the deal without markup. I'm almost disappointed, I was looking forward to a nice long road trip with my new Hellcat driving back from wherever I got it from. Whatever you do, don't pay that BS ADM, all you are doing is helping them get away with it which means less of them will be willing to sell at MSRP in the future. I did have to put $2500.00 down which was way more than I planned, but I used my CC so I'll get 2.5% back on the $2500.00.

#19 ·
I always argue dealer prep and destination fee. Why should I pay them to prep it when Dodge already pays them to do that? As far as destination fee, why should I pay that if it's already there? They brought it there, not me.

Reactions: BigD’sRanGo
#20 ·
That destination fee is a manufacturer fee. I, too, thought that it could be negotiated down seeing how I live less than 10 miles from where they're built and my dealership at less than 20. But its the same amount, regardless if it's a few miles or 2000. It's to average the cost out for everyone.

#25 ·
One thing I didn't get was the technology group package, I keep lane assist, adaptive cruise, and every other "feature" from that package disabled so it was nice not having to pay for it. I thought about skipping the Premium Interior Group but my SRT has it and after paying $90K I don't want a cheaper interior. It seems pricey I agree, but I've seen aftermarket attempts at upgrading interiors and let me tell you....nothing fits better than the factory.

#28 ·
It is not going to be available at every dealer..The dealer that I got my SRT from that also does sell other HC models is not getting an allotment....so I had to go 4 towns over or 25 miles to find a allotted dealer..and to my Horror no B5 blue:mad:

#30 ·
I had that problem too, several in my area aren't getting an allotment and told me they'd "see what they could do" about getting one; I didn't like the sound of that so I made sure to order from a dealership that was getting an allotment. I think each one is built to order, can't you just order a blue one?

#33 ·
I too joined the Durango Hellcat order club on Friday. My spec is below. I will pay MSRP and received my VIN today. Still waiting for someone to order one that's "In-Violet," but that might be a late availability color. I will be adding stripes after delivery as I wanted to save some $$ and reduce the delivery time.

#42 ·
There is no build page for the DDHC. You can only build through the dealer. They are still only allowing 2020 models to be built online. From what I can tell, the options for the 2020 SRT are pretty much the same as they are for the 2021 Hellcat Durango.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.