Dodge Durango Forum banner

101 - 120 of 150 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
I see a couple of references to a limited number of DDHC being built, but everything I have read says they will build as many as people want, just that production will be limited to 6 months or so and no one has any idea how many folks will push close to $100k across the table on the edge of the next great recession. Where are you getting this hard cap of 2,000 units?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I see a couple of references to a limited number of DDHC being built, but everything I have read says they will build as many as people want, just that production will be limited to 6 months or so and no one has any idea how many folks will push close to $100k across the table on the edge of the next great recession. Where are you getting this hard cap of 2,000 units?
# coming from an interview as guestimate

"“With all of the changes we made in the plant to come back up (to production) post-COVID with the sequencing and spacing in the plant, it’s changed the number we can build… I don’t have an actual number but it will be less than 2,000,” Kuniskis continued. “I don’t how much less than 2,000. It will be determined by customer demand and how much we can build in that six-month period.”"

My guess not the same mistake as the trawkhawk first year and they rot lot with discounts.
2018 > 5,178 in usa (7,456, total ww)
2019 > 588 (1,693)
2020 > 822 (1,148)

I'm assuming his # is ww too, i'm sure some dealerships will order a few and discounts to be had later on. Technically, we are in a recession right now. IIRC FCA started using a predictive analytics system as well in 2019.

·
Registered
182 Posts
# coming from an interview as guestimate

"“With all of the changes we made in the plant to come back up (to production) post-COVID with the sequencing and spacing in the plant, it’s changed the number we can build… I don’t have an actual number but it will be less than 2,000,” Kuniskis continued. “I don’t how much less than 2,000. It will be determined by customer demand and how much we can build in that six-month period.”"

My guess not the same mistake as the trawkhawk first year and they rot lot with discounts.
2018 > 5,178 in usa (7,456, total ww)
2019 > 588 (1,693)
2020 > 822 (1,148)

I'm assuming his # is ww too, i'm sure some dealerships will order a few and discounts to be had later on. Technically, we are in a recession right now. IIRC FCA started using a predictive analytics system as well in 2019.
I too wondered about the 2,000 number. I heard six months of production though. But really if there is enough demand for say 3,000, are they going to say “Stop the line” we are at 2,000? JNA plant punches out close to 1,000 GC and DD a day. So in six months thats 180,000 units give or take. So 2,000 is a small percentage, but I am only guessing, it’s a high profit percentage. Is a HC not about $ 15,000 to 20,000 more than the 392? That’s quite the premium considering the upgraded components cost at the factory level. Having said all that, if I could afford one it would be in my garage.

·
Registered
203 Posts
They have every reason to hype the limited availability because its genuinely going to be limited and promoting that encourages a lot of early orders. But in my opinion its a misinterpretation to say the 2,000 unit guess is a production cap. I think what that number represents is a tremendous amount of sophisticated data analysis that pins the demand around that number. Its critical for myriad aspects of production to have a good idea of demand. All the people that want and do order one, will get one...and I hope to be one.

It's a huge amount of money, but I think it will be a car that holds value so that makes its more palatable.

·
Registered
684 Posts
I'm no engineer but I'm still having a hard time understanding how continuing to put hellcat motors in the Durango chassis past 21 is prohibited by emissions regs. The 6.2 will still be offered in the trackhawk and cars....If anyone has more concrete info please share. Bragging rights to highest HP will only last till the 1000 hp hummers start deliveries.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I'm no engineer but I'm still having a hard time understanding how continuing to put hellcat motors in the Durango chassis past 21 is prohibited by emissions regs. The 6.2 will still be offered in the trackhawk and cars....If anyone has more concrete info please share. Bragging rights to highest HP will only last till the 1000 hp hummers start deliveries.
Is that 1000hp Hummer not electric?
Bet it sounds whirldonful ! 😳

·
Registered
182 Posts
They have every reason to hype the limited availability because its genuinely going to be limited and promoting that encourages a lot of early orders. But in my opinion its a misinterpretation to say the 2,000 unit guess is a production cap.
Hype, absolutely I should hope so. Pretty hard to quietly produce a 710hp 3 row SUV. 🤪
So how many members here at “The Durango” forum have stepped up to order one?
50, 100..... What I am saying is, maybe they only sell 1500 in the allotted six months.
Due to the current pandemic, economy, etc. just maybe they overestimated the demand?
Which in turn may make them a bit more of a collectible after the production ends.
We will know midsummer 2021 I guess.
Btw, if my aging memory serves me right, are they only building them as they get ordered?

·
Registered
684 Posts
yes the new hummer is all electric. I would be surprised if they bag the 6.2 ICE all together. From my experience the online forum users for a certain car are a huge minority so hard to guess what the real order book look's like for a niche vehicle like DDHC.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Maybe the 6.2 is a SUV emissions thing? I dunno?
Because it’s coming in the new TRX too, which unless others have heard otherwise is NOT a limited production run.
Almost forgot about the 392 in the Wrangler, maybe they will HC that too, you know “Hellcat the World”.😏

·
Registered
684 Posts
from every thing I have read FCA considers the Dodge brand uniquely American muscle....which I believe means sticking with powerful ICE saving all electric for the other brands...who knows maybe some day we dino juice users will be paying a fat tax and playing Red Barchetta while we avoid the alloy air cars.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Maybe the 6.2 is a SUV emissions thing? I dunno?
Because it’s coming in the new TRX too, which unless others have heard otherwise is NOT a limited production run.
Almost forgot about the 392 in the Wrangler, maybe they will HC that too, you know “Hellcat the World”.😏
maybe due to Body on Frame + Not wanting to pay Tesla more credits > Fiat Chrysler will pay Tesla to dodge billions in emissions fines

"“When we switch to the 2022 model year, there are new evaporative emission requirements that come in that the Hellcat engine does not meet in that platform,” Kuniskis said."

·
Registered
52 Posts
I too wondered about the 2,000 number. I heard six months of production though. But really if there is enough demand for say 3,000, are they going to say “Stop the line” we are at 2,000? JNA plant punches out close to 1,000 GC and DD a day. So in six months thats 180,000 units give or take. So 2,000 is a small percentage, but I am only guessing, it’s a high profit percentage. Is a HC not about $ 15,000 to 20,000 more than the 392? That’s quite the premium considering the upgraded components cost at the factory level. Having said all that, if I could afford one it would be in my garage.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Haha, indeed the number produced depends on production! If 9,000 customers showed up with $90k checks made out to FCA I can assure you they would find to build most of them, if not all. There is no practical reason they can't build more than 2,000, they just don't expect a lot of orders. It's probably the biggest niche of all the Hellcat line.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Haha, indeed the number produced depends on production! If 9,000 customers showed up with $90k checks made out to FCA I can assure you they would find to build most of them, if not all. There is no practical reason they can't build more than 2,000, they just don't expect a lot of orders. It's probably the biggest niche of all the Hellcat line.
Lol, that was such a politicians answer.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I spoke with a dealership yesterday in Pa that I am on the waiting list for and was advised they are only making 1200 of these bad boys. I am not sure how true it is but he seemed very confident.

101 - 120 of 150 Posts