Dodge Durango Forum banner

61 - 80 of 150 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
I too joined the Durango Hellcat order club on Friday. My spec is below. I will pay MSRP and received my VIN today. Still waiting for someone to order one that's "In-Violet," but that might be a late availability color. I will be adding stripes after delivery as I wanted to save some $$ and reduce the delivery time.
View attachment 112218
You didn’t order the factory stripes because you wanted to “save some money” on a $97,135
factory order? Hmmm.....

·
Registered
52 Posts
Excited ..just locked and loaded.. now the wait begins...I'm thinking they will reach capacity sooner than had planned. Weird thing The dealer could not find good pics of the wheel options...knowing I did not like the standard wheels shown on the pre production I punted with the black package..
I'm upset that the dealer told me it's too late to change to the blacktop package. I'm really hoping those wheels don't look too bad since my Durango will be black. Maybe they will work, matching the emblems. If not, I may just trade out the wheels with my DD SRT wheels

Reactions: BigD’sRanGo

·
Registered
52 Posts
Excited ..just locked and loaded.. now the wait begins...I'm thinking they will reach capacity sooner than had planned. Weird thing The dealer could not find good pics of the wheel options...knowing I did not like the standard wheels shown on the pre production I punted with the black package..

Reactions: rich!

·
Registered
769 Posts
I placed my order yesterday as well! I went with the same color spec of my wife’s 2018 DDSRT. She doesn’t like change so we went with the exact same for her.
My dealer also said that the turnaround for delivery on other dodge products that he ordered is looking like 4-5 months. He said it is horribly slow. So I am anticipating a delivery of March or April which bodes well for us. Here is a spec sheet of my build.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wait, you agreed to pay $20k over sticker?

·
Registered
769 Posts
I got my order in as well, it took 8 dealerships but I found one only 30min away that could do the deal without markup. I'm almost disappointed, I was looking forward to a nice long road trip with my new Hellcat driving back from wherever I got it from. Whatever you do, don't pay that BS ADM, all you are doing is helping them get away with it which means less of them will be willing to sell at MSRP in the future. I did have to put $2500.00 down which was way more than I planned, but I used my CC so I'll get 2.5% back on the $2500.00.

View attachment 112183
Which dealership did you end up ordering from?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Wait, you agreed to pay $20k over sticker?
Hi, not at all. Msrp is what I am paying. I think you may be confused as the price you see is in Canadian dollars. He told me it’s in the system and confirmed by FCA. Imagine, I had to send a copy of my ownership of the current 2018 DDSRT and ownership of all other dodge vehicles we have to have FCA agree to give the dealer an allocation. FCA doesn’t want me to buy and resell to anyone or foreigners so they wanted to make sure I am legit.

·
Registered
7 Posts
They should have added air ride. Comfort / Cruise, Race / Track & Rocky Mountain. You select the mode with the mode your driving in.. I’m i asking too much??

Ha, Probably with cost but would be nice, especially rear with self leveling and tow

savagegeese has a great review on the complexities with the new audi a6, it was nice in a cayenne but it leaked. I read they softened up the durango a bit over the trackhawk in regular setting.

---

fwiw, it took me 5 dealerships to find one with an allocation, willing to place an order, or no adm. florida, so already a difficult time. I was ready to give up until I hit up the commerical side to throw in an order, they had 2 allocations. (should have done that in the first place and what i did like 20 years ago ordering up a TJ). Last time I ever paid sticker was in '04 for a R32 after waiting for a year, weird feeling. 😅

·
Registered
182 Posts
Hi, not at all. Msrp is what I am paying. I think you may be confused as the price you see is in Canadian dollars. He told me it’s in the system and confirmed by FCA. Imagine, I had to send a copy of my ownership of the current 2018 DDSRT and ownership of all other dodge vehicles we have to have FCA agree to give the dealer an allocation. FCA doesn’t want me to buy and resell to anyone or foreigners so they wanted to make sure I am legit.

Really? No proof of citizenship? Education background? Political beliefs?
So FCA is filtering owners for legitimacy based on what they drive?
I own a Porsche and a Corvette, do I qualify?
Ridiculous, I would have told them to stuff it.
Ford did this with the GT by restricting resales by the original owner for two years.

I just paid less than $68,000 CDN for a new SRT, for the price difference of $60,000+ for the Hellcat version with 235 more hp, I don’t get it.

Btw, I didn’t have to prove anything to FCA, other than my money was green.
Or in Canada here, red and brown.😏

·
Registered
40 Posts
Really? No proof of citizenship? Education background? Political beliefs?
So FCA is filtering owners for legitimacy based on what they drive?
I own a Porsche and a Corvette, do I qualify?
Ridiculous, I would have told them to stuff it.
Ford did this with the GT by restricting resales by the original owner for two years.

I just paid less than $68,000 CDN for a new SRT, for the price difference of $60,000+ for the Hellcat version with 235 more hp, I don’t get it.

Btw, I didn’t have to prove anything to FCA, other than my money was green.
Or in Canada here, red and brown.
Ok, touched a nerve I guess. I frankly don’t get touchy about the screening. If this is my only way of securing something that I really want and may appreciate due to its very limited production run, I don’t care. What is the big deal to divulge some of this info? Who knows, maybe dealers may even ask for the first right of refusal if you decide to sell in the first 18 months like I had to for a couple of different cars in the past I bought. Big deal. I am guess I am not the sensitive type.

·
Registered
52 Posts

I get it. I appreciate the fact that FCA is more concerned about getting the Durango's to people that want them and not to the people that are just trying to make a profit

·
Registered
684 Posts
Canada auto market is different than in the US when comparing models sold in both. Regardless relationships matter. My dealer and I go back 24 years...so for me no markup or money down to "hold" order ect. The power to weight ratio which is a good way to compare vehicles tells me this will be silly fun:cool: Also thanks for the pics of each color. Those wheels look a little too busy and sedan like for my taste.The machined brighter edge also puts another nail in the coffin..At least all black will blend better.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Ok, touched a nerve I guess. I frankly don’t get touchy about the screening. If this is my only way of securing something that I really want and may appreciate due to its very limited production run, I don’t care. What is the big deal to divulge some of this info? Who knows, maybe dealers may even ask for the first right of refusal if you decide to sell in the first 18 months like I had to for a couple of different cars in the past I bought. Big deal. I am guess I am not the sensitive type.

No YOU did not touch a nerve at all. FCA on the other hand, who my wife works for, kind of do with this pre screening.
I do get that some will go and divulge their info to get what they want too.
But that’s each and everyone’s prerogative.
Sensitivity is a good thing in my mind, too many times we divulge our personal info, way of life,
to the unknowns who collect such info, and we don’t even bat an eye.
They must have a great research department to determine if you are going to flip the purchase by
disclosing what other vehicles you own.

·
Registered
29 Posts
You didn’t order the factory stripes because you wanted to “save some money” on a $97,135
factory order? Hmmm.....
Yeah, you've got me there. It was more so save on shipping time as it doesn't need to go to the separate facility for stripes install....and....you can get them cheaper with more color options ex-factory.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I think these are the black package Matte vapor on a 392
You can see the two different wheel options in the pictures of all the ones at the press event. The wheel is actually the same wheel, but on the "stock" wheel they machine the face.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I hope they can deliver your Hellcat in 10 weeks. I ordered a replacement 2021 SRT for my wife since her 2018 SRT was taken out by a driver on phone. I ordered it on August 22nd and every 2 weeks when they update me it says still in scheduling stage. Waiting for parts is what they tell me. I ordered pretty much the same options package.
Mr. and Mrs. Horsepower! 😎

61 - 80 of 150 Posts