Dodge Durango Forum banner
761 - 780 of 814 Posts

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
Now in KZP for me ...almost forgot I ordered the thing.................................NOT.... 😉
you are close now

If in KZP it is shipped or scheduled for shipping
the salesman might have to check with the office ppl to get that info mine did as it did not show up in the order portal but the sales office was able to look it up in there management software where it was invoiced.

I just picked mine up a couple of hours ago wish I didn't have to wait so long. But this thing is worth it. Trying to get to 500 ASAP hard not to get on it.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Just picked mine up yesterday. God this thing is so badass. Luckily my dealer is a little over a 100 miles from me so I got some good time with it. And I am 1/5 of the way to having some real fun.

CarMax gave me good money for my '20 Durango SRT. Make sure check them out before you trade in. I had the '20 SRT for 20 months and only out of pocket $1500 from what I bought it for and traded it in for. Best $1500 I have ever spent.

I do have a question, Do you guys recommend getting the oil changed after the first 500 miles?

·
Registered
333 Posts
Just picked mine up yesterday. God this thing is so badass. Luckily my dealer is a little over a 100 miles from me so I got some good time with it. And I am 1/5 of the way to having some real fun.

CarMax gave me good money for my '20 Durango SRT. Make sure check them out before you trade in. I had the '20 SRT for 20 months and only out of pocket $1500 from what I bought it for and traded it in for. Best $1500 I have ever spent.

I do have a question, Do you guys recommend getting the oil changed after the first 500 miles?
If it were me… I would change it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
109 Posts

Congrats and Enjoy, any pics? Just hit 500 miles here and about to do some full sends... but still have 0-6 at 4.0 and 135 max so far... thing is nuts

I just ordered Oil and filter for an oil change, I do them at my neighbors shop myself.

I also second checking Carmax and other sites, Carmax was 7k over any other initial offers I got on my trade in.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
If it were me… I would change it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Certainly wouldn't hurt to change it but, is it really necessary?
I thought synthetic oil technology had advanced way past this shorter intervals.
I've never done an early change on any of my newer vehicles so curious why guys do them.

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
Certainly wouldn't hurt to change it but, is it really necessary?
I thought synthetic oil technology had advanced way past this shorter intervals.
I've never done an early change on any of my newer vehicles so curious why guys do them.
I was told by a BMW master tech who owns a tuning shop he said to me the reason he would recommend it is to flush the system. Get out the nasty new stuff like silicone and initial wear metals (normal with new engines). He said especially if I plan on doing a lot of hard launches after the first 500 (of course).
I think what convinced me 100% was rich on the forums sent his off and the oil was more consistent with what they see in engines with 2000 miles not 600.
I have definitely pushed the break in a bit so I am playing it safe, and I am putting a SRT filter in over the standard mopar one as well.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Dealer claims they got an order in for me during the last week of June. Still in BA status, supposedly. I’m thinking it’s a crap shoot at this point. Who knows, maybe I’ll be the last one to roll off the line? :D

·
Registered
53 Posts
Allocations still available?

A dealer that I had contacted about a previous DDHC they had advertised and subsequently sold, contacted me last night to tell me that had an available allocation and could still order me a DDHC if I was interested.

I haven't had a chance to call them back yet (it's 5am), but was wondering if anybody had heard anything new about Dodge allowing more allocations (like they did after the first 2000 debacle), or when orders for MY21 are shut off? It has to be soon, doesn't it?

Hopefully, I'll get a chance to call them back today to see what the details are and will let you know. Supposedly, they were selling their original DDHC at MSRP, so fingers crossed.

·
Registered
7 Posts
View attachment 115866
[
How did you the PPF around your stripes? Did you have to remove them?
If your stripes are matte, and you have something like an XPEL film over it, they will then take on a glossy appearance. I opted to do that, since I like the glossy look better than matte, which in general I am not a fan of (I have destroyer gray with black/redline stripes). Otherwise, they can cut your PPF around the striples or use a matte film that costs more $$.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
my installer who I trust felt the matte film on the redline stripes looked better to him...clear on the paint.now the cool part is the matte expel is 7 mil the stripe is about 2....that butts up well to the 10 mil film on the paint.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Allocations still available?

A dealer that I had contacted about a previous DDHC they had advertised and subsequently sold, contacted me last night to tell me that had an available allocation and could still order me a DDHC if I was interested.

I haven't had a chance to call them back yet (it's 5am), but was wondering if anybody had heard anything new about Dodge allowing more allocations (like they did after the first 2000 debacle), or when orders for MY21 are shut off? It has to be soon, doesn't it?

Hopefully, I'll get a chance to call them back today to see what the details are and will let you know. Supposedly, they were selling their original DDHC at MSRP, so fingers crossed.
My dealer placed an order for me on 6/28 and I just received a VIN this week. I was skeptical at first but I’ll be damned if it didn’t go through. I’m thinking it will be one of the last to roll through the assembly line. That’s ok, I prefer to get a vehicle built near the end of the run vs towards the beginning anyway. The only thing that worries me are current conditions and part shortages. No telling if Dodge just comes back and says so sorry, but we’re not able to build this one for you.

From what I’ve read, FCA usually takes orders up to Sept/Oct on all other regular models for the current MY.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
They can crank out a lot of durangos..they are screwed together in like 3 days or less. I have no real data but have observed that there seemed to be more fit/finish issues with the earlier production than those like mine delivered after May..

·
Registered
53 Posts
I found an article that stated they were building more Hellcats from July until November and that dealers were getting additional allocations. Some of these were to account for the previously "sold" orders that weren't filled, but the statements were definitive in that they were restricted to that extreme of a degree.

Supposedly I can still order one from the dealer, they want $5k over MSRP.

761 - 780 of 814 Posts