Dodge Durango Forum banner
741 - 760 of 814 Posts

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
I’ve heard through my Dealer that due to the demand the DDHC may be available for 2022. Can anyone else substantiate this claim? Thanks
CEO stated that it will not continue DDHC due to emissions but who really knows but them.

Check this out for some context on emissions

Here is a small part from the article I recommend reading the entire thing

"Rather, he blamed compliance costs as the reason for the eventual demise of the engines, particularly the need to modify them to meet the latest emissions regulations. We've already started to see this with the 2021 Dodge Durango SRT Hellcat, which will be phased out shortly since its engine won't meet new EVAP emissions requirements for the 2022 model year in the Durango’s platform."

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
why on earth do people film themselves in every situation and post it on line....I don't get it
This is one of my pet peeves. Used to be that people would rush to an emergency to help in some way. Now they rush to get the best video of people in their worse possible situation. I don't get it. I'm not gonna get into specifics but, if I see someone undergoing a bad situation, I'm going to step in and help. Not stand there and watch.
But that's just me...:cool:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thank you sir!
I put my deposit down on the 5th of this month and have printed copy of build sheet from dealer and has status of D but when I enter VIN with that link it tells me there are no records associated with the VIN...any idea why that is?

·
Registered
128 Posts
I put my deposit down on the 5th of this month and have printed copy of build sheet from dealer and has status of D but when I enter VIN with that link it tells me there are no records associated with the VIN...any idea why that is?
D status is not queued for production. You will not see your equipment list (build sheet) until after your vehicle has moved down the line. You will not see your window sticker until your vehicle has been approved for shipping. Until your status changes to D1 you aren't slated for production. Even after a change to D1 it could take weeks for your vehicle to hit the line. Even more so right now with the reduction in shifts at JNAP.

Reactions: SPD//DMN

·
Registered
2018 Durango R/T
12 Posts
D status is not queued for production. You will not see your equipment list (build sheet) until after your vehicle has moved down the line. You will not see your window sticker until your vehicle has been approved for shipping. Until your status changes to D1 you aren't slated for production. Even after a change to D1 it could take weeks for your vehicle to hit the line. Even more so right now with the reduction in shifts at JNAP.
I ordered mine 11/10 with no allocation, received my VIN 4/9 and D status about a week after that. I am now in D1 status and i don't have a build sheet yet, ship date 5/21.

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
So last night my window sticker finally showed up, got excited but the status code is not any I can find online and salesman didn't know what it means.
So I am in KZP status which salesman says is Arrived at Body Vendor May 10th. was previously in JB: Shipped to Upfit Center (for Stripe) for almost 4 weeks.
Does anyone know what KZP means?

·
Registered
111 Posts
exactly that.

think this it

KZL Released - Not Shipped
KZM First Rail Departure
KZN First Rail Arrival
KZO Delayed
KZP Arrived at Body Vendor
KZR First Move To Rail Station
KZS Second Move To Rail Station
KZQ Completed at Ship-Thru
KZT Second Rail Departure
KZU Second Rail Arrival
KZX Delivered To Dealer
KZY In Transit Issues

·
Registered
2020 DDSRT Octane Red, 2020 Ram 1500 Crew Cab, 2021 HD FLHXS
84 Posts
Are you sure it's KZB and not KZP or KZ OB? KZP is basically the same a JB.

Build codes.
Unscheduled:
BA – order entered in system by dealer
BB – fleet order only – review by bid department
BD – special equipment processing
BE – edit error – coding error which must be corrected before order can be scheduled
BG – order has passes edit but cannot be scheduled regardless of sold status
BX – good order available for scheduling

Reason Codes:
F – Finance hold – automatic cancellation after 15 days
B – Model or option build out. Your order exists but isn't fully confirmed yet. Plant doesn't know about it yet. Systems are checking the order to ensure it's valid in terms of sales codes.
L – Material restriction
M – Material hold (fleet)
ZA – canceled order

Scheduled:
C – Tentative schedule. Your order is "subfirm". The plant can see the order at this point but it's not fully committed to building as the supplier may or may not be able to get parts to the plant to build the vehicle.
D – Firm schedule: serial number assigned. Firm order. Your order now has a name instead of a number:
D1 – Gate line: unit sequenced for production, est. ship date assigned.
The date is set for your truck to be built. The plant knows when it should have parts sequenced for building and it should start to be built within 48 hours of the date set.
D2 - It's going to be built. The computers are being programmed, materials are being sequenced, framing is about to occur.

Build:
E – Framing. Metal is welded together to form the body and frame. The body is inspected at the end of this step to ensure it's within tolerances.
F – Paint. The metal is coated, primed, sprayed, clearcoated, polished, inspected, and hand finished if necessary.
G – Trim. The engine is installed in the chassis, the interior is installed. At the end of this, your new vehicle is built.

Built:
I – unit built, pending final inspection. Your vehicle goes through a battery of shakedown tests and measurements are taken to ensure the vehicle looks and performs as expected.
J – Vehicle passed final inspection but not released to carrier
JB – shipped to body vendor. JB/KZP-The vehicle is sent off site to have a spray liner put in, steps, etc.
JE – shipped to emissions
JJ – consigned to body vendor
JS – shipped to storage
KZ – released by plant and invoiced. The truck is ready to be shipped. The dealer is actually charged for the truck. As you all know, this can be a source of delay. Typically you see two statuses here: Awaiting Shipment and "Staged for Shipment".

Traffic Codes:
KZ L – released but not shipped
KZ M – first rail departure
KZ N – first rail arrival
KZ O – delayed/received
KZ OA – plant hold, quality audit
KZ OB – zone, dealer, sales, vehicle prep, tax, diversion or derailment hold, dealer refusal, vehicle diverted
KZ OC – carrier delay, strike-bound, emission or safety hold, rail car shortage, bad or insufficient load, inclement weather, need shipping order, manifest error
KZ OD – mechanical failure, glass damage, vehicle in repair, lacking parts or storage hold
KZ OE – misdropped or misshipped vehicle
KZ OF – shipped air freight, stolen vehicle recovered, show vehicle, test info code, vessel sailed
KZ OG – damaged vehicle, stolen vehicle, abandon to carrier, vehicle scrapped, donate vehicle, repair and auction
KZ OH – all other “O” type carrier codes
KZ T – second rail departure
KZ U – second rail arrival
KZ X – delivered to dealer
KZ Y1 – major damage – must not be sold as new
KZ Y2 – major damage – vehicle sold at auction

KZX - Delivered to your dealer!

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
I have stripes on my order so explains the KZP anyone have any experience on how long that took them?
I was hoping it actually shipped and was on its way.
Yet the wait gets longer.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
news of 1500 foregoing blind spot.

It's just mind-boggling to me how much that little virus has disrupted the lives of 100s of billions of people. You expect the sickness and the death that comes with a pandemic but, this? Crazy!!!

·
Registered
132 Posts
It's just mind-boggling to me how much that little virus has disrupted the lives of 100s of billions of people. You expect the sickness and the death that comes with a pandemic but, this? Crazy!!!
I think you meant "100s of millions of people" . . . there are only around 7.1B people on the planet . . . :)

·
Registered
128 Posts
I have stripes on my order so explains the KZP anyone have any experience on how long that took them?
I was hoping it actually shipped and was on its way.
Yet the wait gets longer.
EDIT: I misspoke earlier. Since your window sticker is visible that means your stripes are installed and your vehicle is ready to be shipped to the dealer. Your wait will be a lot shorter than those still waiting for stripes!

There is a HUGE delay at the upfitter due to the volume of Durangos being ordered with stripes. No one has a good idea as to how long it will take and since yours is a relatively new order you might be near the end of the queue.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Just placed my order for a Durango Hellcat, the dealership owner said he was able to order another one soooo I said ok. Got what I wanted exactly at MSRP. THe other one I had reserved that wasn’t my build had some things I didn’t want on it and I was red to save money and get it exactly how I wanted. So much for that DDSRT as a daily lol. I paid 64k for that one and I’m getting 68k in trade. Done and done

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
EDIT: I misspoke earlier. Since your window sticker is visible that means your stripes are installed and your vehicle is ready to be shipped to the dealer. Your wait will be a lot shorter than those still waiting for stripes!

There is a HUGE delay at the upfitter due to the volume of Durangos being ordered with stripes. No one has a good idea as to how long it will take and since yours is a relatively new order you might be near the end of the queue.
You are 100% correct
Dealer order system still says KZP but there manager system has it invoiced last week says still in Michigan supposed to ship tomorrow 18th delivery by the 2nd.
This matches Dodge Support I contacted waiting for salesman they said shipped to dealer estimated delivery between 19th and 2nd

Thank you CWGrizzwold

741 - 760 of 814 Posts