Dodge Durango Forum banner

601 - 620 of 697 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Black keys were included at least for the Chargers/Challengers to limit horsepower down to 500 instead of the full 700+.
In the hellcat and redeye i owned i could also change horsepower down to 500 in the menu. That menu option isnt there in my hellrango

·
Registered
2021 Durango Hellcat
135 Posts
In the hellcat and redeye i owned i could also change horsepower down to 500 in the menu. That menu option isnt there in my hellrango
I also didn’t see Valet mode. Were we gipped on some of these security features or did I miss it?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Look on car gurus. There is several in Florida for under $80K

this one is loaded with everything I would want and somethings I don’t want( adaptive cruise, lane departure, etc)
Scheduled into port on 4/8. Dealership a week later. Same price almost as my Hellcat build.

View attachment 114455
went down this path with my company car and unfortunately ended with me not happy and I traded it in for a Audi.

the interior looks great but quality lacks and is extremely squeaky. Plus they give you a button for everything and you Feel like your in a plane cockpit. The Durango lacks the luxury but even with a tune that MB would get trashed by a Tuned Durango Hellcat. Ask me how I know! HHP will fill you in

My Current garage-2010 V10 Audi R8, 2020 Audi S4, 2001 Audi TT “Big turbo build”, 1991 Skyline GTR “RB26 Big Twin Build” , 2021 Hellcat Durango and a 2019 Ford F-150.

·
Registered
2018 SRT Durango
78 Posts
I am very familiar with HHP! In my garage right now is a 2006 300 C Chrysler, Ported/polished heads,cam , tune,springs valves, stall converter high tech brake kit Corsa sport exhaust and many other things all done at HHP! They do great work.

Audi makes a GREAT car. Currently have a 2019 RS5 Sportback. Tune, catless DPs, intake and cooler. 3.2 0-60 and 11.3 1/4 mile, with massaging seats lol.
Even though they are very different vehicles I am eying up the SQ8. The way this hellcat Durango thing is going I’m starting to fade a little bit. 😞. No it will never beat the hellcat Durango in a straight line but if you want true quality in the build and a TwinTurbo V8 that will beat the hell cat on a road course it’s a great vehicle with all the bells and whistle’s.

maybe it’s because I’ve already owned a hellcat charger, and two Durango‘s (R/T and SRT). Maybe the wait is just killing me.
Maybe I need a bourbon.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Black keys were included at least for the Chargers/Challengers to limit horsepower down to 500 instead of the full 700+.
But you're not buying a Charger/Challenger. You're buying a Durango. This is the 2nd post about "missing" black keys.
I thought we all did our research on these before buying.

·
Registered
2021 Durango Hellcat
135 Posts
But you're not buying a Charger/Challenger. You're buying a Durango. This is the 2nd post about "missing" black keys.
I thought we all did our research on these before buying.
I don’t know about anyone else, but I’d still prefer to have a black key when giving the vehicle to anyone else where valet mode wasn’t an idea option.

Dodge also never explicitly said no black key provided prior to release, only way to find out was either A. Read the window sticker once available or B. Purchase the vehicle.

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
I don’t know about anyone else, but I’d still prefer to have a black key when giving the vehicle to anyone else where valet mode wasn’t an idea option.

Dodge also never explicitly said no black key provided prior to release, only way to find out was either A. Read the window sticker once available or B. Purchase the vehicle.
Never would I ever... "Let someone borrow my Hellcat"

Though I was at one point under the impression of a black key and red key not 2 red keys until purchase.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #610

You're able to program a user with each key, so I'm assuming you can put restrictions on the second key for this purpose. I'll mess around with it today and see what I can find out.

·
Registered
975 Posts

Valet mode should serve that purpose. I used it a few times on my '18.

·
Registered
2021 Durango Hellcat
135 Posts
Valet mode should serve that purpose. I used it a few times on my '18.
Doesn't work all the time. Good example is taking to the dealership, I've found it unlocked multiple times after getting my Challenger SRT back from them. I'd rather have them still with limited power if they do unlock it.

This would definitely be different if Dodge implements the security they are working on for the Challengers and Chargers in limiting it down to only a few HP.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Yeah, you've got me there. It was more so save on shipping time as it doesn't need to go to the separate facility for stripes install....and....you can get them cheaper with more color options ex-factory.
I see you are literally right around the corner from me. I ordered mine without stripes as you can’t get blue stripes with red interior. But my wife and I want our Hellcats to match so we take the to Down East in Fayetteville. He Is the only one I recommend to do them especially the Durango as the ridged roof makes it difficult. If you go just tell him the guy with the white hellcats with blue stripes sent you, he’ll know. Regardless he’ll take care of you tho.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Wow i can confirm there is no valet mode in this hellrango... They really rushed these things out. As long as certain things get added/fixed I'll be happy that I got it sooner rather than later. All quirks aside this is my favorite vehicle ever. I had srt durango and redeye challenger, now i have hellrango and 392 charger and couldnt be happier

·
Registered
87 Posts
Wow i can confirm there is no valet mode in this hellrango... They really rushed these things out. As long as certain things get added/fixed I'll be happy that I got it sooner rather than later. All quirks aside this is my favorite vehicle ever. I had srt durango and redeye challenger, now i have hellrango and 392 charger and couldnt be happier
i thought i saw it under driver profile settings. a little icon to the side.

·
Registered
2021 Durango Hellcat
135 Posts
Thats what I thought, I couldn’t find it earlier as well. Thought I was missing it somewhere. Checked the SRT pages and all the Uconnect apps. They need to fix that as I’m not keen on anyone but me having the full power.

It definitely has its own personality, I know it stands out in different ways vs my Challenger SRT. The Challenger was a lot of fun and even with 485 HP, it was easy to lose traction. This feels like it has it 100% of the time.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I have valet mode I’ll get you where it’s at shortly

·
Registered
110 Posts
Guess you didn't look very closely

601 - 620 of 697 Posts