Dodge Durango Forum banner

581 - 600 of 697 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yes. I’m sure many people think we sound like big babies. But the reality is, when you’re spending this kind of money on a purchase that you are passionate about, with a company that allegedly is only building these vehicles for a small segment of extremely passionate enthusiasts, This has been extremely frustrating to say the least because you get the feeling they just don’t give a damn about the actual clients.
It isn't being a baby. For some reason the automotive dealership community has been immune to standards present in nearly every other industry. From real estate to banking/finance to telecommunications to medicine, the behavior auto dealers routinely engage in on a daily basis would make them nothing short of criminals at risk of losing their license to operate and significant monetary fines if operating in just about any other industry.

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
In my opinion the "ship date" means absolutely nothing unless you are in some level of being built, I say this because I have had a build date since December 2020 those were pushed back every week or 2. but production did not begin until Feb. So I had dates and they had not even began to put them together, so those dates only matter if the build has begun IMO.

I am a Giant Child by the way why else would I buy a 6,000lb 3 row SUV with 710 HP. Like a child around Christmas I really want my toy. Just don't know when Christmas will be

The Dealers will be gone soon enough

·
Registered
2018 SRT Durango
80 Posts
:D Guilty. I had it all lined up and I believed the info about getting the vehicle by end of March. And, needed the money and the garage space.

·
Registered
13 Posts
It isn't being a baby. For some reason the automotive dealership community has been immune to standards present in nearly every other industry. From real estate to banking/finance to telecommunications to medicine, the behavior auto dealers routinely engage in on a daily basis would make them nothing short of criminals at risk of losing their license to operate and significant monetary fines if operating in just about any other industry.
You may consider raising cain with your dealer and trying to get your deposit back, and contacting a different (honest) dealer that will sell you one at MSRP. I hear a lot of good things about that one salesman with Koons in VA.

I have only ever bought vehicles from the big 3 (American...ish) brands. My interactions with the dealerships has always been great. It helps to live in a small town and only do business with the owners of the dealerships directly. A vehicle like this, and the owner will almost definitely work directly with you. Sounds like things are different outside of small-town USA though. Different way of life.

·
Registered
87 Posts
If anyone in south florida is looking, the dealership I used was great and they have a stock allocation on order.

got an oil change today, will be sending it off to blackstone labs, hopefully tomorrow if i have time.

·
Registered
4 Posts
If anyone in south florida is looking, the dealership I used was great and they have a stock allocation on order.

got an oil change today, will be sending it off to blackstone labs, hopefully tomorrow if i have time.

View attachment 114511
If you are in florida please email legmaker intakes. He needs a vehicle to test fit his rain cover so he can provide us with an intake

·
Registered
2018 SRT Durango
80 Posts

this is sad. I hope this is an exception and not representative of build quality

·
Registered
975 Posts
First time poster, long-time reader here. Agree with you 100%. I placed a relatively early order in a major metropolitan market. Put $9,000 deposit down. Even agreed to a stupid $10,000 mark up.

The manager of my dealership called me 2 days ago saying that my Durango was "nearly" built and about to be shipped. Yet, I just confirmed with SRT and Dodge Customer Care separately that it is still in D1 and has not even begun production...so its status hasn't budged in months. The amount of lies and incompetence borders on actual fraud....made even worse by a quick search on the Dodge website shows 4 models sitting on dealer lots within 25 miles of me.

Not to begrude anyone who has different automotive preferences than me, but this is a huge reason I have never purchased from a company like Dodge. As bad as car salesmen are, I have yet to seen worse than those who work at Big 3 automaker dealerships. Just my 2 cents. Unethical liars describes the vast majority of them.
So you agree to a $10k markup and want to blast dealers for their business practices?
LOL!!! Too funny. This one is 100% on you for even entertaining the idea of paying over sticker.
But if you've got $10k to burn, then the joke is on us.

·
Registered
975 Posts
I really don't understand the complaints about price. In this day and age where you can shop multiple dealers and have them bid against each other NO ONE should be paying over sticker. And if you do, it isn't anyone's fault but your own. Shop around is timeless advice that rings true no matter what. If you agree to pay over MSRP you are only feeding the practice. I called 3 dealers. The 2 closest to me were asking $5k over. The one furthest from me offered it at sticker. Guess which one I purchased from. And at the end of the day they stuck to their promise of not charging me for the Laguna leather interior which was a no charge option when I built the truck on dodge.com but was later changed to a $1595 option.
You need to do your research. Dealers are in business to make money. But if they lie to accomplish that you need to call them out and let them know you, your family and your friends will NEVER buy from them again. Been doing this way too long to let a dealer get the best of me.

·
Registered
2020 DDSRT Octane Red, 2020 Ram 1500 Crew
53 Posts

this is sad. I hope this is an exception and not representative of build quality
Watched his complaint video, you're right it's sad. Sad that he does it while in the garage with sunglasses on. On the other hand he does have legitimate concerns. But expect to see him selling it 1-1½ years from now. Which is even sadder.

·
Registered
2021 Durango Hellcat
135 Posts
Does this not come with a black key? Just got 2 reds... Not that i would use the black.
Doesn’t sound like it any more. My dealer told me that this and the Trackhawk only come with reds.

He wasn’t sure about the Challenger or Charger though. I can’t imagine that they would change it on those.

·
Registered
2021 Durango Hellcat
135 Posts
Two red keys for me. Why would they give a third key black? Makes no sense to me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Black keys were included at least for the Chargers/Challengers to limit horsepower down to 500 instead of the full 700+.

581 - 600 of 697 Posts