Dodge Durango Forum banner

281 - 300 of 321 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #284
Looks like we should expect April deliveries then.

·
Registered
27 Posts
According to the information in this thread, "JS" means it's been put on hold, for some reason:

hopefully nothing and just looking over it with a fine tooth comb? :p

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was told by my contact at the dealership that they are going to be built by color so that they can run all of each color ordered at one time through the paint shop. Not sure how much truth there is to this.

·
Registered
845 Posts
I was told by my contact at the dealership that they are going to be built by color so that they can run all of each color ordered at one time through the paint shop. Not sure how much truth there is to this.
So how do they pick which color goes first?
Is it alphabetical order? If that's the case, all of you that ordered Vice White will be waiting a little longer...:cool:

·
Registered
41 Posts
That is false. The DDHC colors are no different than what is offered on the other trims. The folks that have DDHCs shipped to the upfitter already for stripes have had various colors. Automakers don't paint a single color in large batches for fear of a quality issue with that specific paint color. There was a good video on this very topic from the Corvette team and building the C8 Corvettes at Bowling Green.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #299
Just got an update from my dealer:
Status - F: Paint
Estimated Ship Date - 2/20

281 - 300 of 321 Posts