Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I been debating for quite a while whether to go 24s or 26s and i must say 26s wasn’t bad at all, I’m not a fan of big wheel gaps or a thick tire look. These look great, they get plenty of compliments with no loss in Driveability minus the watching of potholes but that’s something I’ve always watched for in any of my vehicles

AF8998E7-86B3-4617-B3C1-15EB69158DDC.jpeg
3B5B1A22-7CB4-433C-81FA-AEF6C40F07AC.jpeg

·
Registered
60 Posts
That’s good, I got a 2018 Durango GT, that makes an engine rattle under acceleration not all the times tho, and also the brake area HUB/bearing are giving me problems. Dealer already replaced rocker arms, lifters, exhaust lifters, camshaft(s) some other parts and it still rattle, I’m concerned do you know anything about this?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That’s good, I got a 2018 Durango GT, that makes an engine rattle under acceleration not all the times tho, and also the brake area HUB/bearing are giving me problems. Dealer already replaced rocker arms, lifters, exhaust lifters, camshaft(s) some other parts and it still rattle, I’m concerned do you know anything about this?
Not sure about that one bro, not to familiar with the GT versions

·
Registered
241 Posts
GT engine is completely different from the RT (V6 vs V8).

·
Registered
7 Posts
I been debating for quite a while whether to go 24s or 26s and i must say 26s wasn’t bad at all, I’m not a fan of big wheel gaps or a thick tire look. These look great, they get plenty of compliments with no loss in Driveability minus the watching of potholes but that’s something I’ve always watched for in any of my vehicles

View attachment 109222 View attachment 109223
WOW....I PUT 22's ON MINE BUT NOW LOOKING AT YOURS I WANNA GO BIGGER. SITTIN PRETTY🖤

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hey fam, I got the black top wheels and I notice they are a bit scratched. Can those black top rims be polished? I don’t use anything to clean them just spray non-acid wheel cleaner, rinse?

·
Registered
9 Posts

View attachment 109222 View attachment 109223
Nice i just got some 26s to is yours 26x9 or 26x10 ?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hey fam, I got the black top wheels and I notice they are a bit scratched. Can those black top rims be polished? I don’t use anything to clean them just spray non-acid wheel cleaner, rinse?
How bad scratches are they? May get away with a polishing compound with a buffing. Deeper scratches might require sanding down on the clear coat paint, and polishing back long as it’s not into the black paint

·
Registered
60 Posts
I’m talking light scratches, clear coat scratch not deep at all. I’ll take a pic of rim, it’s driving me crazy. Thanks for the help thanks

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I’m talking light scratches, clear coat scratch not deep at all? I’ll take a pic of rim, it’s driving me crazy. 😒
Honestly best way I delt with light scratches was a 3000-5000 grit WET sand paper and polishing compound.. got rid of it,

1 - 20 of 27 Posts