Dodge Durango Forum banner
41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Idk what you spent all said and done, but a DDHC with headers, smaller pulley and E85 makes about the same if not more power than that. Not saying what you did wasn’t cool as hell, but the juice wasn’t worth the squeeze because you’re that deep and only getting deeper with a built trans etc.

guess it will come down to what you get out of the 8 rib kit.

best of luck.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Idk what you spent all said and done, but a DDHC with headers, smaller pulley and E85 makes about the same if not more power than that. Not saying what you did wasn’t cool as hell, but the juice wasn’t worth the squeeze because you’re that deep and only getting deeper with a built trans etc.

guess it will come down to what you get out of the 8 rib kit.

best of luck.
If I had that kinda money and time I'd do the same thing just because. It'd be the ultimate sleeper, still repping the R/T in the back...

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
i been building this before the hellcat Durango was even announced. Besides my rt weighs 700 lbs lighter. I was alittle pissed off when the hellcat came out. But with what I have, It can handle way more than a hellcat motor, bigger, rev higher. And have the fuel system for e 85 now. I compared this to my new redeye charger. this new supercharger is a beast!!
And I already ran by buddy’s hc Durango. My suspension and weight, bigger ci, bigger blower. It really showed.
hey guys I’m not really on here to brag or some stupid shit. I’m here to help others with parts etc. and I’m excited about having her back. Just only trying to help others.

·
Registered
5,338 Posts
Exactly Steve!
Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!!! Its owners/members like you that only advance our platform and without we would not have near the aftermarket support or understand the limitations of the platform.
Hats Off to You for blazing the trail so that others can follow if they should desire...and there are more than a few of us who want to!!!

·
Registered
172 Posts
If I had that kinda money and time I'd do the same thing just because. It'd be the ultimate sleeper, still repping the R/T in the back...
Love the sleeper thought if it. No doubt!!!! $140K+ is inefficient to say the least. Could have scrapped the idea, sold the car and nearly bought two hellcat Durango’s with the dough.

Steve, don’t think I’m being critical, this is just my opinion. I’m here for the long haul pimp. I’m interested to see the outcome for sure!🤙

·
Registered
215 Posts
Love the sleeper thought if it. No doubt!!!! $140K+ is inefficient to say the least. Could have scrapped the idea, sold the car and nearly bought two hellcat Durango’s with the dough.

Steve, don’t think I’m being critical, this is just my opinion. I’m here for the long haul pimp. I’m interested to see the outcome for sure!🤙
Wheres the fun in that thought?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
No problem and thanks gents. Next time when we tune with his custom 8 rib. Kit on e-85 god know the limits.
Yes sir! But it’s getting de badged getting vinyl wrap gloss 3-m black. Her name is The Black Pearl! Lol

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
Next time in March he will finally rewire the elsds. For the Trackhawk cradle to engage. I’ll get the diff brace and wiles driveshaft thrown on. Everything is on back order. And we will pulley down and on e-85.
suspension and trans is on point. If any of you who don’t have sport or track etc. except an eco mode button. I believe it’s tables 61-64 and 21-24 I think. Your tuner should know. Have him tune that into a trans tune. Perfect for pulling and racing. Eco mode button will now me the send it button! Lol

41 - 52 of 52 Posts