Dodge Durango Forum banner
21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Belt kit? I sold the edlebrock, now I have the whipple with ost 8 rib kit. I am not selling that. Lol I’m using that. If I knew how to post a video of a 20-120 pull! I ran my buddies stock challenger hellcat. I called him by half a car so it was dead close. From a dig… well that was history!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Update so I upgraded to 1200 cc injectors now running triple 540’s, got some billet aluminum valve covers as we needed -16 lines for crankcase breather setup. However the ost 8 rib kit sheared 2 ost hubs on the supercharger. So Adam is fabricating his own, supercharger is fine. She has 3k Miles on her and for sale the whole kit I’ll be selling soon. We are throwing in the new 5gen 3 Liter whipple in. Soo much better cooling capabilities. We do however had to erase the whole file as I had a virus in it. So retune this week! If I can post a video I would but don’t know how. But I have an insane 20-120 pull. On only 12psi (730whp)
Only because I was running out of pump. Long story but it’s been such a long and hard build because premier screwed me in so many ways.
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting Automotive exterior Electrical wiring
Hood Automotive design Vehicle Motor vehicle Personal luxury car

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Crazy how things change in 3 months lol. Whipple is now for sale. But on a side note Adam has had 4 5.7 ost 8 rib kits that did the same thing. And he has templates for the one he’s built, no issues and a big bearing is used between the blower and pulley not on the end.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Nice setup, excited to see the results!! Would you be able to run that 3.0 on the stock 5.7? Obviously with supporting mods. Like say your first steup witht he 500HP but with that supercharger instead?

·
Registered
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland V6
2,254 Posts
Gnarly!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Yes they sent out 40 units only as they need parts that are in back order and they will release it next year March hopefully. Adam some how worked his magic. Haven’t heard any updates.
i would not recommend stock internals with this big bitch. It’s out flowing the 4.5. And next year they will release the 5th gen 3.8 l. AJ berg is making Over 1600 whp on built 426 in a demon. He’s one of the testers. I might get one sponsored next year for the redeye. But damn choices, I don’t want to void my warranty that quick.lol I’m actually enjoying the stock exhaust. Last time I drove the Durango it sounded like a damn f-16 with the combo of the whipple whining at idle and the h pipe set up. Ohh the sound I love it.
God it’s been almost 2 years and 140k later. Btw my 2.9 whipple less than 3k miles will up for sale. Full kit, new heat exchanger as I have the same one installed now. Sending back to whipple for warranty to make sure it’s in perfect condition than I’ll sale.

·
Registered
2016 Durango R/T Arizona
1,172 Posts
140K? The speed shops or manufacturers should be forking that out. Why would you spend that much to get less than a full-on funny car?

·
Premium Member
4,726 Posts
Good morning Steve:
Don here in SW Ohio. I am one of what is surely many folks, who are following along on this journey of yours. I love the color of your '16 D, and would have it in my garage in an instant.

Looking back over this thread, I don't see where you have included what the end game is here. Since you are not doing the work yourself, it's not a hands on satisfaction type of scenario. The territory here you are in, is quite beyond what any D owner we have seen here has ventured into, so there is no hard data, or blueprint so to speak.

At some point, I would think you would abandon this, and write a check for a DDHC. I know it's not at the level you aspire to, but it is turn key, and comes with a warranty.

We learned the hard way, through building a home, that the folks involved in the construction industry are to be trusted no further than you can throw them. It appears that the aftermarket auto upgrade industry is much the same.

Not wanting to cast a negative shadow here, but more of a curiosity thing. I hope you can get your D to the level you want it to be at. The money, along with reliability issues, would be my biggest concerns.

Your story here, is one of the reasons why my '14 Charger R/T is stock, and will remain as such. When I feel like driving it, I want to turn the key, and go. No worries about a myriad of mods that may, or may not do their thing at a given point in time.

Don

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Well it started off with just a rebuild to have a faster one. Tbh if I would of taken to Adam in the first place. This thing would be golden a year ago. I have 2 other vehicles to drive around so this is why I chosen this route. So we kind of decided to take it further. The last time I drove it for a few months earlier this summer, it was a beast was drivable, but premier lied to me and didn’t put triple pump like I asked, so they tried to hide the fuel loss at 750whp to dump methanol to make up for it. That was bad. So I made an appt and we have the new fuel setup. The reason I went with the new 3.0 is because they talked with Adam and they offered it to me. But we decided to make her competitive and trying to break the street suv record of 9.44. I could of easily bought the ddhc but that beast is over 5600 lbs. we weighed mine and his. Mine is sitting at 4772 with now. I took 2 years on my last built 10 years ago. That little car did well back in 14-17. So I know the process. The durango isn’t my daily driver. So how this all makes sense. Why didnt i do this myself? Well not enough room in my garage. And now have funds to afford this. I retired early and own a busy retail business.

·
Registered
427 Posts
4772? How much did you gut out of it?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Suspension. Wheel, back 2 seats. 2nd row is in now.
I opted out of the sunroof when I first got her. That’s almost 200 extra pounds added. Mine came at 5010.
Lighter srt hood.
I Still have new aluminum drive shaft, light weight battery, and can take front passenger out and throw drag lights at the strip. should hopefully be down to 4500.
But here’s an updated pic. Almost ready to tune.
Vehicle Car Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
I guess I’m doing the trial and error guys.wanna help prevent headache which it has put me through. After it’s all said and done I can post a list of parts that’s on the Durango to help y’all out. If you plan to build it. But I think we finally have it figures out. Never have more than one person tune your car with emailed files. They get compressed and sometimes come out corrupted. But this should have way better cooling capacities. And new technology it making about 50 to 60 more hp than the 2.9. On a street motor. No clue about mine since it’s cammed, ported, headers, big tb. But we’ll see soon enough

·
Registered
427 Posts
Kinda glad I don't have a sunroof. Never really thought about how much extra that weighs.

Can't waitt to see what she can do. That an impressive build.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Update. It is getting tuned as we speak. So far soft tune at 11psi is around 717whp. Now he’s adding timing and than we will pulley down. Maybe to 3.25 that’s 15-16psi. This is all on pump gas and no methanol needed yet. Nice cold iats!
goal is maybe 740-745 on 11 psi and god knows what it will make on 13 and 15-16 psi. We’ll see. Than he will drive it for a few days and work any bugs and street tuning

21 - 40 of 52 Posts