Dodge Durango Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. I posted my build back in 2016. 5.7l R//t. Installed and tuned eldlebrock e force supercharger, tb, headers, exhaust. Suspension, big brake kits, fuel system, and hp tuners engine management tuning. Premier complete auto performance did the install and tuning. Made great power of 523whp and 520 tq. 8.5 psi And straight pipe made a little more. Engine has 68k and time to be competitive against the hellcats and Trackhawks!
This is what we got coming!
400 stroker shortblock with forged crank, rods and pistons. ARP main studs. New built block with balanced and blueprinted rotating assembled. race bearings seals etc.
BES stage 4 ported heads.
Custom cam package.
cometic head gaskets. ARP head studs.
105 mm tb.
full port job on the e force 2.6 supercharger.
Even bigger fuel system and lines.
1000 I’d injectors. Coil packs.
over drive crank pulley and smaller pulley to make 16 psi. They have done similar packages and made 830-860 whp. But never on a durango. My tuner is estimating 810-830 whp.
next summer I will need up the converter even more with billet transfer case and axles/ driveshaft and Use 21-22 psi pulley and shoot for over 900 whp. I’ll keep everyone up to date on this build. I know I’m crazy but this is another 23k I just paid into the build install and tune. So I guess over all upgrades will be 55-60k we have done in upgrades .

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I forgot to mention the head package has high performance Bigger Manley valves, titanium springs, retainers. Rockers and pushrods Are big upgrades as well included in the cam package. They don’t want me to disclose the brand but stated it makes big hp gains and more gains over the demon cam setup when it was installed on a Demon if that makes sense.

·
Premium Member
546 Posts
8HP90 is rated to 664 lb-ft TQ (900 Nm) and 738 BHP (550 kW). Would have to go to a built one for 1000HP or more.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I asked the same question. It already has some upgrades to the trans. For now as long as I don’t take it to the drag strip. Or slam on the dad from a stop. The trans will do fine. I usually roll out than get on it. Long as there is a load the trans grabs fine. The trans and case will be done in the later spring. I have a different company that plans on doing the trans. Maybe shorter gears. I’ll see how this does.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I’ll try to get pictures up. Update. It’s in the shop and there waiting on the crank and pistons as it’s getting balanced. All Manley internals. Crank, H beam rods, 9:7.1 pistons with coating and upgraded wrist pins. And my mistake on the injectors they are ID injectors 1050x. Not 1000’s.
ATI oversized crank dampner pulley. Have cash already saved up for a built transfer case.
They said they will snap pictures of the build. Hopefully they will be able to do this. But I will email him for the progress .

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Update, block is finished and built. Bret from AFS in Arizona did the porting and head rebuild. All Manley valvetrain. Supercharger and snout was ported and turned out great. Pulley were coated to not slip. All new high speed bearings. He will be sending me pictures and said everything turned out great! I know it takes time.
Almost too long as I started to beef up my 2017 hellcat charger. Unlocked the computer, legmaker intake. Mid muffler delete, oil catch can. Made 702 whp on the dyno. Might pulley down to with demon injectors to make around 800 whp. But that’s it. But I will post pictures up soon.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah I looked into it. And it was. Trying to get a hell crate than trying to build it up and than adding things like brackets for PS, AC condenser, and I already had my supercharger as it out flows the hellcat. Hell cat is 2.4l and mine is 2.6 and has been ported. It would costed me over 35k with all the parts etc.
here is some pics so far

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Killer man killer.
But have you taken it down the track? Like stock to some mods to where your at now?
Car should be done within the next 3 weeks. They will put the block together, build a custom fuel system, triple pump, stainless fuel lines, regulator. Etc . Retune the new build as I have hp tuners already in it from the original build, and tune the trans. I ran it in Vegas 3 years ago at 524 whp. I ran a best of [email protected] Trans shifting soon I feel killed me, as hp tuners did not have a trans tune for Durango’s when I first got it. They do now. I’m shooting for mid to high 10’s, that will be later with built trans, transfer case, DSS driveshaft and half shafts.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Auto part
Motor is in and there doing the customs fuel system and putting in eibach pro springs in for a lower stance. I got a few more pics and waiting for the ones in the motor. Snout on he supercharger is ported to fit the big throttle body.
Auto part Connecting rod Metal
Auto part Automotive lighting Headlamp Carburetor

Auto part

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well the durango is finished but with my goals we ran out of blower at this elevation in Utah so I agreed and decided to buy a custom 4.5 L whipple with 105mm Tb. Already paid and it’s coming. Still we made 671whp and 678tq at 10psi. Big Motor wants so much air it hits flat up top. Anyways I’m gonna post my supercharger for sale. I will include everything except heat exchanger. This has been ported, new bearings, and it however will include 90mm BBK throttle body, 800 ID injectors and cold air intake. A new kit for this and extras I’m including would be over 9k. Spread the word I’m willing to sell this for very cheap!! Plus shipping. All you would need is a bigger fuel pump of course, heat exchanger and unlock your computer so you can tune it! If interested pm me but only who is interested. And Make an offer! You would be surprised what I will let it go for! Will fit 5.7’s 11-18 Durango’s!

1 - 20 of 52 Posts