Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So engine was still cold. Coolant temp had just about gotten up to normal operating temp and I noticed the oil pressure was jumping up to around 70-80psi sporadically. It did it some times right when I let off the gas and sometimes right when I let of the brake and hit the accelerator. Is this normal when the oil is still cold? Oil temp gauge said <122*. Once I drove it another couple of miles it seemed to get itself under control. I am still under a 12,0000/12month warranty from the Chevy dealer who sold me it. Should I be concerned?

·
Registered
2013 Durango R/T 5.7 - Black w/blackout package
244 Posts
My wife has a 2014 3.6 V6 Charger and her oil pressure is at 70+ when I start it up. Not sure when it comes back down, maybe after it warms to normal operating temperature and is in closed loop (or whatever they might call it these days).

·
Registered
2014 Durango SXT Plus RWD 3.6L White Knuckle--2018 Durango SXT AWD 3.6L Granite Crystal Anodized Pkg
125 Posts
So engine was still cold. Coolant temp had just about gotten up to normal operating temp and I noticed the oil pressure was jumping up to around 70-80psi sporadically. It did it some times right when I let off the gas and sometimes right when I let of the brake and hit the accelerator. Is this normal when the oil is still cold? Oil temp gauge said <122*. Once I drove it another couple of miles it seemed to get itself under control. I am still under a 12,0000/12month warranty from the Chevy dealer who sold me it. Should I be concerned?
In my 3.6L it is 35 psi cold and 31 psi hot. I run 0-20W.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts