Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long story short hydro locked my SRT engine in a storm and having it replaced by dealer. They said it's a new factory engine that they're replacing it with. The part number is 68411264AA, which comes out as a long block. Is that what is originally put in the 2018 Durango SRT or is it a rebuilt? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
3,377 Posts
You might call around to some of the online parts places like Tasca, and ask. It seems to me that as long as it has the full factory warranty, you should be good to go. Note the comment online about replacing the intake manifold if the engine being replaced suffered a catastrophic failure.

I was surprised at the price. Not near what I thought it would be.

Don

Reactions: DBSRT

·
Registered
2 Posts
I ordered tail lights for my 1998 chevy silverado they were perfect they were packaged great i will be doing more business with this company.

·
Registered
140 Posts
...Note the comment online about replacing the intake manifold if the engine being replaced suffered a catastrophic failure...

Don
For warranty work, the dealer will only replace what FCA allows and will reimburse them for. My 2012 DD Hemi top end failed with 3k miles left on the 100k powertrain warranty with the cam "de-laminating". They replaced the cam, the pushrods, and some of the lifters. Didn't even change the oil and filter. Doing it right should have included all of the lifters and an oil change.

·
Premium Member
3,377 Posts
bbtkd:
Two thoughts. The first one is that I would have paid them to replace the rest of the lifters. At that point, the heads are off, and it would make zero sense to me to leave any of the old ones in there. Second, anytime the cooling system is drained, and the heads come off, I would think an oil/filter change would be in order.

It sounds to me like this dealer was not the kind of dealer I would be taking my car to. Cutting corners like that, as a good friend of mine likes to say, is plain dog stupid. From your description, I am surprised they didn't want to reuse the original head gaskets.......... or, maybe they did......

Don SMH!

·
Registered
140 Posts
bbtkd:
Two thoughts. The first one is that I would have paid them to replace the rest of the lifters. At that point, the heads are off, and it would make zero sense to me to leave any of the old ones in there. Second, anytime the cooling system is drained, and the heads come off, I would think an oil/filter change would be in order.

It sounds to me like this dealer was not the kind of dealer I would be taking my car to. Cutting corners like that, as a good friend of mine likes to say, is plain dog stupid. From your description, I am surprised they didn't want to reuse the original head gaskets.......... or, maybe they did......

Don SMH!
They never told me what they were doing until it was done, or I would have paid the difference on the lifters (should have asked). Never occurred to me that with a delaminated cam that they wouldn't replace all the lifters. With almost 100k miles I would have had them replace the timing gear and chain too. I drove it another 40k miles (with no engine issues) before trading it on my DDSRT. Unfortunately it's a bit of a tow to another dealership.

Reactions: Don Fox
1 - 7 of 7 Posts