Dodge Durango Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I am wondering if there is an app that you use with a blutooth (OBDLink) connecter to your ECU. Like with my current BMW I use the apps Bimmer code and BimmerLink to change factory settings on a few comfort things. I hook the connector to my ECU, Pair with my phone and I am able to delete the horn beeping when I lock the doors when I leave engine running while I go into a store, Or what drive mode your car starts in (stock for current car is comfort- I have mine start up in sport mode), or deleting the start up safety screen on start up, having cooled seats automatically be on when its hotter than 80 degrees out. I looked on apps for my phone for the DD but didnt see anything.

Thanks in Advance for any help, apologies if this has been covered, but I didnt see anything in forum search words I used.

·
Registered
2016 Durango R/T Arizona
2,024 Posts
I think all of that is settable within the UConnect radio. You might need a Tazer, et al, for the sport mode but I think that is in UConnect too.

·
Registered
2022 SRT
468 Posts
I think all of that is settable within the UConnect radio. You might need a Tazer, et al, for the sport mode but I think that is in UConnect too.
There is a setting for the cooled seats, but those other things are not changeable in the settings. Might be with the "tazer" but not sure.

The 3 beeps when the keyfob leaves with it running is frigging annoying and appearantly a new "feature" on the '22's.

·
Registered
2022 SRT
468 Posts
Yeah looking to change some of the factory settings. Yes the remote start beep was gonna be my first adjustment!!
Pretty sure you can turn off the remote start beep. Definitely take some time to run though all the settings on both the gauge cluster and the radio, there is quite a bit that can be tweaked (and definitely some annoyances that can't, unfortunately).

·
Registered
2017 AWD durango GT 3.6
151 Posts
FWIW for FCA vehicles I recommend alfaobd (diagnostic and programming software that requires a OBD interface) and the OBDlink MX+ (does not require a jumper cable to access medium bus speed) interface that comes with their own app that has a dashboard as well as an addon to be able to interrogate all ECUs. I use this combination on my challenger and it allowed me to add features like performance pages, launch control, easy out, swap DRL dedication ect. I also recently used it on my 2017 DD GT to switch turn signals and reverse lights to LED without experiencing hyper flash.

OBDlink also works with HP tuners track addict...among other apps. It is kinda pricey now but I bought it a couple of years ago thru Amazon for $78...it is my favorite OBD interface, second to HP tuners MVPI2+

On a side note I also have a tazer but with alfa you can make all the changes the tazer can make. Now I don't even marry the tazer (I switch it between my challenger and DD) but make use of the windows up feature with the keyfob. Does more for my challenger RT than the durango so it stays in the challenger most of the time.

And lastly, on +2018 models you need a gateway bypass.

·
Registered
2017 AWD durango GT 3.6
151 Posts
Yeah looking to change some of the factory settings. Yes the remote start beep was gonna be my first adjustment!!
Can't you change it thru the uconnect headunit?

·
Registered
22 RT Plus TNG
11 Posts
The horn chirp when starting/locking it can be disabled in uConnect but you can't disable the 3 horn beeps when the vehicle is left running and the keys leave the vehicle.

I have a feeling the 3 horn blast when it's left running can probably be disabled using AlfaOBD.

·
Registered
2017 AWD durango GT 3.6
151 Posts
Well I have looked over my stock BCM log (attached), along with all the config options on alfa and nothing seems to pop out suggesting the 3 horn chip can be disabled.

Below are the settings that deal with the horn/sound.

Horn Chirp Allowed: Yes
Horn Chirp Duration: Short
Sound Horn with Remote Lock CSM Present: Feature 2 - 3 Option
Sound Horn with Remote Start CSM Present: Yes
Sound Horn with Remote Lower CSM Present: No
Sound Horn on Lock: Enabled
Sound Horn on Remote Start: Enabled
Sound Horn On Lock Status: Chirp On 2nd Press

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts