Dodge Durango Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey dodge Durango team! Hope you all are doing well, thanks for having me here, straight to the topic, I'm interested in owning a 2014 dodge Durango citadel, This car has a SALVAGE TITLE! here in my location, before ending the deal, I really want to make sure that I'm getting a good reliable car for what I pay, I want to know that what I should be looking for when purchasing this dodge Durango, anything to take into consideration, what to look for or any suggestion you guys have, please share it with me,

Some things that I will be looking out for during my inspection day:
noises in the engine
check transmission for slips jolts etc
verify all electrics / features / lights,
coolant or oil leaks
They are asking for the price of $13,500 and it has 126994 Miles with a Salvage Title. Is it worth it or not?

If you guys have any suggestions on what to look at.
thanks
Wheel Tire Car Automotive parking light Vehicle

Wheel Car Tire Automotive side marker light Vehicle registration plate

Car Vehicle Speedometer Gear shift Motor vehicle

·
Premium Member
2,362 Posts
Lots of air fhreshners too which tells me either the evaporator has mold on it or somethign else is stinking in the car.
If the evaporator stinks from mold, get fridgy fresh, it works wonders.

·
Registered
2016 Durango R/T Arizona
2,387 Posts
I would stay away from anything with a branded title regardless of how it looks. It could have been wrecked or flooded or even a dealer buy back for some major issue that Dodge chose not to address or couldn't fix. My money is on a flooded vehicle in this case.

·
Registered
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland V6
2,558 Posts
That New Car Stank!

·
Registered
199 Posts
Looks nice probably has broken studs connecting the manifold + needs a new water pump. Trans might be an issue.

If you're not doing the work yourself it will be expensive to get it running nicely again. Also Durango parts arent cheap (they're also not super expensive.

Make 1000% sure this isnt a flood car.

·
Registered
2016 Durango R/T Arizona
2,387 Posts
A Carfax should show the branded title reason. It's well worth paying for to avoid buying a bad car.

·
Registered
2015 Odyssey EX-L; 2015 Durango Citadel (Hemi AWD)
211 Posts
If it's been repaired satisfactorily and cleared as roadworthy it should have a rebuilt title (or whatever your state calls it), not a salvage. Check with your insurance as well to make sure they'll insure it.

Check the carfax and do your research. You need to have it checked out by a mechanic to review the quality of the repairs. Don't just do a visual yourself.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts