Dodge Durango Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
2015 Dodge Durango R/T AWD
618 Posts
AWD or RWD? If it's RWD, you should get some wider rear tires.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The internals are stock with stock exhaust. Its AWD, the dyno runs were done in 2wd and there was some tire slipping on the dyno. On the road, I've had traction control kick in at 60mph, i need wider tires!
Next week we will do some transmission tuning, there is some strange converter lock up thing happening between 3-4 shifts during hard acceleration.
It drives great during normal everyday driving, very little supercharger whine, just enough to remind you its there, and I get better gas mileage.

·
Registered
2016 Durango R/T Arizona
1,839 Posts
The internals are stock with stock exhaust.
You didn't bother to give it headers and/or a SRT or other 3" exhaust? Is this just a mild build then or just a base power add? You'll have to post a list of all the parts you used and their sources along with a tale of putting it together. If the 5.7 can withstand it I would think this would be about the best power add you can do to one, if it's reasonably easy to do. It sounds like the cost is way below that of a Whipple.

·
Premium Member
2015 Dodge Durango R/T AWD
618 Posts
You didn't bother to give it headers and/or a SRT or other 3" exhaust? Is this just a mild build then or just a base power add? You'll have to post a list of all the parts you used and their sources along with a tale of putting it together. If the 5.7 can withstand it I would think this would be about the best power add you can do to one, if it's reasonably easy to do. It sounds like the cost is way below that of a Whipple.
That's the new 3.0L Whipple I believe. Whole kit is like $8500 or something like that. Not much more power you can give it with out risking a trans failure first.

Reactions: Jmata7

·
Registered
207 Posts
Nice! Bet it rips when you can actually put the power to the ground. Keep us up to date when you get em.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
All '15 and newer have a locked PCM. It needs to be sent out to get unlocked. Mine was sent to HP Tuners, HP Tuners and Diablo Sports are the only ones I know, that do this.
It took 2-1/2 weeks including shipping, but it depends how busy they are.
My shop did the dyno testing and tuning, with HP Tuners software.

I've been thinking of adding this same setup to my 2020 SRT. Didn't that installation require a new PCM installation?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts