Dodge Durango Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just found this. At 65k miles, got the indicator during a road trip that right front turn signal light is out.

Stopped at an auto parts store and bought cheap replacements in a 2 pack and found your video in minutes.

Will fix first thing in the AM.

Thank you sir - very much appreciated.

- Dan

·
Registered
1 Posts
Made this video for all of yo.
I did not go much in detail why front turn signals going out and coming back on, but I believe it's because of the burned contact causing computer to trow the code and after few days resets it's self...
Anyway, replacing them fixed it.

Enjoy, put some comments, let me know if this helps:
Did anyone ever figure out if this video will help with replacing the left side turn signal on the 2017 R/T V8?
Thank you,Tammy
I just used this video for a 2018 R/T. My bulb was burnt in the exact same place as this video. Very helpful.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Well I used the info supplied in the video and replaced the bulb on the driver side of my '19 RT. Took maybe 10-15 minutes. The old bulb had the burn mark on it. When I went to test it, it still doesn't work. Is it possible my harness/connector is already bad? I will retry this weekend as temps are supposed to get nicer again. If this doesn't fix it, guess I have to have it looked at as a warranty fix. Is anyone else having issues getting the new bulbs to work. I think it is a bad design. I am an electronics tech for a living, and when you see burn marks, it is an obvious sign something was not making proper contact.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Had it looked at last Friday and the service department agreed with me that the plug was defective. Replaced under warranty. A heads up also. I didn't realize it when I bought the replacement bulbs, but since I was under 1 year and 12k miles, they would have replaced them free under warranty anyway. I was assuming it was a wear item that wasn't covered.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts