Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Made this video for all of yo.
I did not go much in detail why front turn signals going out and coming back on, but I believe it's because of the burned contact causing computer to trow the code and after few days resets it's self...
Anyway, replacing them fixed it.

Enjoy, put some comments, let me know if this helps:

·
Administrator
28,307 Posts
Very Cool Great job

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would like to keep copy of this video in the main forum as well, only few people find this how to area and most of them looking for tips on the main forum page, so Ill post it up in the main as well

Thanks

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thanks for the great HOW TO. The driver's side front turn signal bulb on my wife's '15 went out yesterday. I looked in the owner's manual and it said to remove the bulb by turning the socket counterclockwise. However, I sure couldn't find anything that told me how to find it. Thanks for solving the mystery for me.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Hey SuperPete, thanks so much for this outstanding How-To video! The driver's side turn signal went out on my '15 with 21,000 miles and 10 months of use, sure enough the bulb wire was burnt but filaments looked ok. Clearly there is something wrong here but that's another story. With your advice I was able to change it in 10 minutes, had to fiddle a bit to get the air scoop back into the airbox but otherwise very straightforward.

For the record, I might have removed the whole engine before I paid $300 for the dealer to replace a turn signal bulb!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Thanks Pete, That video was a huge help. What looked like a hard job was quite easy, and I was going to take it back to the dealer. Hate going back to the dealer. Those bulbs don't seem very durable, this one lasted 64,000 miles, but the right side only lasted half that time.

Thanks again Pete, really appreciate it.
Stan

·
Registered
22 Posts
Thanks Pete, followed directions to a T however I did run into a snag turning the housing counter-clockwise. It would not budge and I was afraid to break it. I'll try it again tomorrow but I must be doing something wrong...

...figured it out, I was trying to loosen the wrong connector (the white one). Once I figured out which connector housed the bulb I was able to perform the swap in less than 3 minutes from opening the hood to closing it! F-ing Dealer wanted a couple hundred to do the same job and they said it would take close to an hour to perform. It's amazing how little these guys (dealerships) know about the power and ubiquitousness of the InterWebs!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello Pete, Thanks for the air tip about removing the air cleaner! I got my socket out by reaching in from the side, but after replacing the bulb couldn't twist it back into the headlamp because of the awkward reach. Had the same bad contact wire, probably caused by defective sockets. If another goes bad, I'm going slide a paper shim (a piece of business card or something,) under the bulbs wire contact to make a tighter fit in the socket, and see if that helps.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Just replaced the easy one today, passenger side. Interesting what a short life these bulbs have! I use dialectric grease, curious if that will help avoid the early failure.

·
Registered
12 Posts
On Thursday, March 15th, my wife told me her left turn signals weren't working properly. I took a quick check and determined the front bulb was out. I pulled up the owner's manual which gave great directions...for the passenger side. So, I came here and found your video. I scrolled down only to find a post I made March 15, 2017, thanking you for the video. Apparently I had forgotten the same bulb went out once before; and, your video saved the day for me. I'll get it changed this afternoon. Thanks again.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Great instructions, thanks! 2015 RT, driver's side went out with the same burn mark on the contacts. I replaced the passenger side at the same time (which was working) and saw the very beginnings of a mark in the exact same place.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just wanted to thank you for this write up. It helped me out a lot. It is amazing how the most basic things on these vehicles are so mysterious to repair!

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Got in and took off today just to have a warning come up saying turn signal out. First time in 38,000 miles. Stopped and got one and had it changed in minutes. Odd thing was the fact that the blinker still ticks fast inside even though the bulb works fine now. Same burn mark in the bulb wire. We'll see if it continues or not

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did anyone ever figure out if this video will help with replacing the left side turn signal on the 2017 R/T V8?
Thank you,Tammy

1 - 20 of 26 Posts