Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a 2011 Durango Citadel AWD. We are a large family looking to purchase a travel trailer. How do I figure out if I have the tow package or not? The dealer that I purchased it from was not very helpful and would only say "We're not sure, but probably not." The service after the sale was lacking, to say the least. They also told me that it did not have remote start, which it did. It has a 5.7 V8 Hemi and I see two plugs for a trailer on the hitch in the back, a 7 wire and a 4 wire plug. Any suggestions? Ideally, we would only tow it in about a 2 hour travel window. Nothing cross country. Just curious as to how much is too much or too long of a trailer to pull for our Durango.

·
Registered
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland V6
1,726 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. It says no records found for my VIN. I double checked the VIN to verify as well. Appreciate the help

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was able to chat with a Dodge rep. She sent my build sheet. Indeed, the Trailer Tow Group IV is listed and Class IV Receiver Hitch. Thank you very much for the help!

·
Registered
145 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,867 Posts
My 2017 has a button near the AC controls to put the vehicle in Tow mode
It shouldn't.

Reactions: MikeD1

·
Registered
145 Posts
It shouldn't.
You are correct. My mistake.

No idea what I was recalling, Perhaps another vehicle from my past. Perhaps a vehicle from my future.

But there is a nifty "Sport On" button that I need to press more often.

Reactions: tomk
1 - 7 of 7 Posts