Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Fine. Doesn't take much in the way of standing water to get it to hydroplane, but on your basic wet pavement it's quite competent and hooks up well.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok good I was wondering mines does pretty good just when my tires are wet esp hitting exit corners at a nice amount of speed i notice the tail end steps out of a little bit. I have it on street factory setting.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Ok good I was wondering mines does pretty good just when my tires are wet esp hitting exit corners at a nice amount of speed i notice the tail end steps out of a little bit. I have it on street factory setting.
Mine was pretty good in the snow last year. Though I could definitely tell the difference between my Cherokee and DDSRT. Obviously the tires on this truck have something to do with it. I'm sure if you put winter tires on you would get better performance in the snow/rain.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Haven't had mine out in the snow yet but it's handled the rain as flawlessly as my 2012 DD Hemi Citadel. I read a review the other day where the reviewers got the DDSRT during one snowstorm and had it through another. They said it handled it well.

·
Registered
39 Posts
What's Snow? And I'm beginning to doubt that rain actually exists. We have been in a drought since I bought mine. Okay having said that, on damp pavement I have to work hard to make it break traction. I'm really waiting for some heavy rain conditions to see what it will do in wet conditions.

·
Registered
60 Posts
What's Snow? And I'm beginning to doubt that rain actually exists. We have been in a drought since I bought mine. Okay having said that, on damp pavement I have to work hard to make it break traction. I'm really waiting for some heavy rain conditions to see what it will do in wet conditions.
Same here. The other day I even turned down the traction control and couldn't easily break it loose on wet roads. Damn thing has got traction!

·
Registered
664 Posts
Having driven a Charger R/T for a few days the handling of my DSRT in the rain was sorely missed. I have taken for granted the advantage of AWD.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
This thing handles so great in the rain. I want Michelin tires these Pirelli's are not doing it for me I have all season tires.

·
Registered
60 Posts
This thing handles so great in the rain. I want Michelin tires these Pirelli's are not doing it for me I have all season tires.
How can you tell if the DDSRT handles great in the rain if the Pirelli all-seasons aren't doing it for you? Are you just saying it will be even better with Michelins?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Just drove about 70 miles last night through Chicagoland in a massive downpour with absolutely no complaints whatsoever. Had a car full of adults and everyone was very comfortable and happy with how the D was handling

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
How can you tell if the DDSRT handles great in the rain if the Pirelli all-seasons aren't doing it for you? Are you just saying it will be even better with Michelins?
Im saying it will be even better with Michelins because I had them on my 2014 Chrysler 300s AWD. I think the Michelins are a better gripping tire in my opinion.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I had my first opportunity to drive my 2018 DDSRT in the snow and ice today, having gotten freezing rain and 3.5" of slushy snow last night. I put it in snow mode and had no issues, and it felt more stable than my 2012 Hemi AWD Citadel. I was driving on a four lane road, right next to a newer Mercedes SUV going the same speed. We slowed for a stoplight and I had no loss of traction, while the Mercedes slid through and stopped halfway across the intersection. Suppose they may have had worn tires, but I was surprised given that I had no loss of traction at all.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Same as above. We had our first storm of the year yesterday. Had to drive a total of about 30min in snow, freezing rain. Had it in Snow mode and didn't experience any issues. Of course, I wasn't hammering on it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
We got about a foot of snow early last week. Maybe 6 or 7 inches on the roads, and mine had no issues. Have the standard Pirelli all seasons, w/ about 5k miles on them. Snow mode makes all the difference!

I was worried a few times about maybe getting high centered when the ruts were deeper, but didnt have any issues (other than bouncing all over the place even creeping along, thanks to the stiffer suspension).

Side note, i think it might have knocked something loose in the front suspension. There is a definite thudding/dull knocking when going over bumps. Read another thread on here that said the sway bar links might be loose, so she's going into the dealership on Monday to get checked out.

·
Registered
452 Posts
We got about a foot of snow early last week. Maybe 6 or 7 inches on the roads, and mine had no issues. Have the standard Pirelli all seasons, w/ about 5k miles on them. Snow mode makes all the difference!

I was worried a few times about maybe getting high centered when the ruts were deeper, but didnt have any issues (other than bouncing all over the place even creeping along, thanks to the stiffer suspension).

Side note, i think it might have knocked something loose in the front suspension. There is a definite thudding/dull knocking when going over bumps. Read another thread on here that said the sway bar links might be loose, so she's going into the dealership on Monday to get checked out.
I have the same sound. Have had it in both Durango’s and my Malibu now. Think it’s just a by product of stiffer suspension. Going in Saturday to have warranty work done and will have them look to see if anything is loose.

2018 Diamond Black Durango SRT

1 - 20 of 21 Posts