Dodge Durango Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My security system has been enabled I don't have the fob key entry or the same driverside door to disable alarm how can I bypass or disable the alarm system it will not run shuts its self off because security system in enabled please help:confused:

·
Premium Member
2,287 Posts
have you tried purchasing a replacement fob and programming it?

·
Premium Member
5,764 Posts
Your down to replacing fob, $25 on eBay, and another $100 or less for programming it, since you do not have a second key. Midas well buy a second fob, then you can do the programming later on, if you have more issues.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I never got a FOB when I bought my (98 SLT 4x4) recently the passenger lock was knocked in as they were trying to steal it, I ohm the lock as the SLTs have the sensor in them( Boooooo! Dodge for this) The clip that holds it had broke so I replaced it, all checked out but ever since I have re-installed it my ASD relay,Fuel Pump relay keep blowing, Also when I use the factory key or a basic cut key on the drivers side door it sets the alarm off and I have to use the rear hatch to shut it off as it's the other master besides the drivers door.
Secondly my OBD II port is worn( at times my scanner will connect and disconnect until you find a sweet spot so there may be sum arcing going on there but its thrown up sum crazy codes saying I've got a cummins in it and more when its got the 5.2L,I have a new port but I need to soldier it in, it not just a single wire because I've gone down each one and it only does it if you shake the whole thing),when it wouldn't start once after I tried leaving my Neuro Dr office, I grabbed the connector & wires and bent and shook them and she burst to life,I carefully let go of it(it wasn't in the locking slot) and made it home after a nice 2hr drive but when I shut it off that was it,now shes been siting nearly 8 months since ive been in hospital and i also cant go in the daylight so I only can work in the cool nights, I've been indoors since 2013 and it about drove me nuts, and my test results came back recently and they weren't good so I Really wanna get her running over my GM and move back to the Rockies where I got a lil cabin at 13,586 ft above sea level,currently Im at sea level and its making things worse and with recent results I wanna go out on my own terms not in a bed in SC where I'm miserable every day as I fall apart more an more.
It has a new coil,cam sensor,crank sensor and all test out ok, pretty much every sensor under the hood is new OEM, I literally got well over 5k in this vehicle as was restoring it to leave to my lil brother when I check out,its got 212k(before I rebuilt the trans,motor, transfer case and diffs and this is the first time I have ever had a problem with this car at all. I did do a reset where you connect the pos and neg cables for a bit and replaced both relays(w aft mkt ones but they got HOT A.F) and she fired right up but since then I cant get it to repeat the process and at 20 bucks+ a relay I cant keep doing this when you live off just over 800 a month, you barely survive,Putting my life on the line while on Duty for a shift I wasn't even scheduled for but was helping out someone who could make it in and I didn't want a bad mark to go on their jacket so I went in ,never did I think it would be my last shift and I would loose everything I worked my entire life for,now I'm alone and stranded and my contract with uncle sam is almost up so I won't be a guinea pig any more like ive been for nearly 4 yrs since Im the only person alive in the US with all 3 illnesses, that was a fun day when they came knocking on my door and the CDC & WHO says congrat! your our new pet and we need to find out HOW & WHY your still alive when everyone has else either killed themselves due to the extreme pain or it ran its course. Lucky me..lol
Please any and All help is appreciated
I dont care if I have to put a carb on this and a DUI distributor to get it running if that will work, I dont care about loosing other systems right now I just need it to fire up and drive.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts