Dodge Durango Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,727 Posts
22DD:
Your D is a standard RT, correct? Not a Tow and Go, and not an SRT model. They usually limit vehicle speed based upon the rating of the oem tires. Check to see what you have there?

Don

Reactions: Ollie Crow

·
Premium Member
5,727 Posts
Well:
Not sure if the newer PCM's can be easily tweaked. I seem to recall that Dodge locked them, starting with '16. Then, you'd really want to add properly rated tires to go with that extra speed.

Don

Reactions: 22DDRT+

·
Premium Member
2,590 Posts
The standard R/T is not meant for speeds as high as you seemingly want to go.
In fact, in my standard RT it gets a tad squirelly at 100mph+.
The standard R/T is no match for my other vehicles I had, SRT8 Challenger and SRT10 Ram.
The SRT10 Ram I had to 150mph and it was stuck to the road.
The Challenger I had to 140 and it was OK.

·
Registered
2022 Durango R/T+ AWD Diamond black/black
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The standard R/T is not meant for speeds as high as you seemingly want to go.
In fact, in my standard RT it gets a tad squirelly at 100mph+.
The standard R/T is no match for my other vehicles I had, SRT8 Challenger and SRT10 Ram.
The SRT10 Ram I had to 150mph and it was stuck to the road.
The Challenger I had to 140 and it was OK.
I was just never use to having restrictions on a vehicle I own

·
Premium Member
2,590 Posts
And just 1 question......if all your other vehicles were SRT's why did you get an RT....lol I know my answer of why I didn't $$
Nothing Dodge has put out since they dumped the Viper tweaked my interest plus I value my life a bit more now in my 50s. LOL
My SRT-10 was F'ing brutal with it's power. Yeah 200 ponies shy of a Hellcat Durango AWD but still not the same as the sheer insanity the SRT-10 and it's Viper engine produced.
Rolling through a manual 6 speed with 500 ponies and stupid tourque with no torque management like newer vehicles have, is a feat in itself and scary at the same time. LOL

But again, the real reason is I value my life a bit more now and enjoy the simple pleasure of a V8 with great passing power and an awesome ride.

·
Registered
611 Posts
I'm pretty sure the RT without TnG is limited to 118. I know my 2018 RT was. Now we have the TnG package which raises that to 145, specifically because of the higher rating for the tires and the suspension changes. I'm not 100% sure but I think the SRT is even higher.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm pretty sure the RT without TnG is limited to 118. I know my 2018 RT was. Now we have the TnG package which raises that to 145, specifically because of the higher rating for the tires and the suspension changes. I'm not 100% sure but I think the SRT is even higher.
Oh it's 118 I know that for a fact

·
Registered
5,836 Posts
I don't think anyone has found a way around it yet....its been asked before by some in law enforcement who had earlier SP Durango's,
I assume the new pursuit Durango has the same 145 limit as the tow and go.
Maybe a tuner out there or Diablosport can change?

·
Premium Member
5,727 Posts
As listed on line at Michigan.gov/msp, the 5.7L Durango Pursuit tops out at 130, while the 3.6L version (both were AWD) was 128mph.

Don

Reactions: Chase300

·
Premium Member
2,590 Posts
The 3.6 is not faster. By the time the 3.6 gets to 118+, the Hemi R/T been there done that and is at MckyDs for some french fries. The 1/4 is the tell all for Dodge vehicles, not top speed.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Time to upgrade…. (Not my photo
The 3.6 is not faster. By the time the 3.6 gets to 118+, the Hemi R/T been there done that and is at MckyDs for some french fries. The 1/4 is the tell all for Dodge vehicles, not top speed.
I just want to know that I can do what my speedometer states.....not like I didn't spend good $$ could have just got a base model

·
Registered
5,836 Posts
As listed on line at Michigan.gov/msp, the 5.7L Durango Pursuit tops out at 130, while the 3.6L version (both were AWD) was 128mph.

Don
Must have H rated tires...clearly the 5.7L is going to push the Durango more than 2 mph faster than the 3.6L.
Looks like 128 is the top end of the 3.6 AWD.
Any tow and go owners out there reporting top end speed???

1 - 20 of 43 Posts