Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a question for anyone that can help, but I need help with offsets! Stock wheels are 20x8 and I think it is a +38 offset. When upgrading to 22x9 or 22x10, what is the preferred/allowed offset? I want wide wheels but don't want them sticking out, or so recessed that it causes problems. Does the offset depend on style of wheel? I wouldn't think so.

I could be way off, but i think a "0" offset is dead centerline of the wheel's width. A +38 offset means the lugs are shifted 38mm towards the outside edge of the wheel, causing the wheel to sit back deeper in the wheel well. A -38 offset would mean the lugs are closer to the backside of the wheel well, causing the wheel to sit closer to the fender lip.

So if I am increasing wheel width 2" and want to split the additional width between front/back, I would add 25.4mm (1") to the +38mm, giving me a +63 offset, correct? Would this cause any issues with clearances?

Are there any reasons a 10" wide wheel wouldn't be recommended?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Your interpretation of offset is correct, though the actual measurement is from the back mounting surface of the wheel to it's center line. It's really difficult to find an offset that works for the Durango. Most end up with more positive offset, which like you, I'm not a fan of! Good Luck, in your search - I'm interested in what you find.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts