Dodge Durango Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. I'm hoping someone can help identify the plastic oval piece that's attached to the gear shifter underneath the black cover on the 2012 Citadel 5.7 hemi and tell me if something is missing/broken.

Back story: I noticed sometimes when I put the car in gear or back to park it felt like something was blocking the gear shifter from completely engaging. I would have to move the shifter between gears until it finally would "feel" like it engaged correctly. The last time this happened, I noticed there was a piece of plastic sticking out of the small opening on the black cover where the gear shift comes up through. After taking apart the console to access the gear shifter, there was this oval plastic piece sitting on top of the shifter gate that seems like it should be gliding on the inside (probably to divert any debris/liquids). However, when I positioned the plastic piece inside the shifter gate, the piece pops back out when I put the cover back on that holds that section together.

From the attached picture, you can see the oval piece has another small opening that I think should have something going through it to possibly keep the piece in place as you put the shifter into gear. Does anyone know if that's the case and what the missing part is? Has anyone else had this problem and besides possibly removing that piece, what you did to fix it?

Thanks and I appreciate you taking the time to read my post.

·
Registered
235 Posts
it's just a cover piece that sits in in between that upper and lower track.....looks like it was jammed an got mangled...you can cut it off if you'd like.
it's supposed to be flat and it sits in that track and just slides around keeping the shifter stick covered.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts