Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Something is wrong with my truck. I have 13 Crew and all the sensors flash then the windshield wipers start on their own. This affects my signaling because they won’t come on. I’ve taken my truck to the dealership 3 times and every time I leave it happens. It doesn’t start right away, I’d say maybe 10 minutes after I start driving. I wish I could post a video, the screen in the middle flashes saying all the systems need to be checked. My temp gauge flash, a lighting bolt sensor pop up just everything is going crazy. This also affects how much power my truck gets while driving. Then it sounds like it is driving hard, you can hear the fan. They’ve run diagnostic code checks, updated hardware. I was told by a friend it was the battery the dealership said they checked my battery and it’s fine. They told me to bring it back Monday but they have no clue what is going on. Any ideas????

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,508 Posts
Hi DJ:
For sudden onset electrical issues like these, the first thing to check is the battery. It appears that has been done? How about the alternator and charging system? Being a Crew model, you have the 6 cylinder correct? How is the power steering when all of the dash lights are going crazy? Does it seem to be working normally?

Don

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi DJ:
For sudden onset electrical issues like these, the first thing to check is the battery. It appears that has been done? How about the alternator and charging system? Being a Crew model, you have the 6 cylinder correct? How is the power steering when all of the dash lights are going crazy? Does it seem to be working normally?

Don
Yes they claimed to have checked the battery. When this starts to happen the driving is fine. There is a lag like trying to take off from a red light but outside of that it drives perfect.

·
Premium Member
3,508 Posts
The reason I asked about the power steering, is that we have had a few D owners with crazy electrical issues, that ended up having a failing power steering control board or pump. In those cases, the power steering was not working properly. Your D should have what called EHPS or electro hydraulic power steering where the pump is driven by an electric motor, and not the serp belt.

I am sure others will jump in with their thoughts on the issue.

Don

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The reason I asked about the power steering, is that we have had a few D owners with crazy electrical issues, that ended up having a failing power steering control board or pump. In those cases, the power steering was not working properly. Your D should have what called EHPS or electro hydraulic power steering where the pump is driven by an electric motor, and not the serp belt.

I am sure others will jump in with their thoughts on the issue.

Don
Oh wow. Okay bet! Thank you so much. Now I have something to tell them to look at. I just hate going in and not know what to say or do. You’ve helped me at least start somewhere.

·
Premium Member
3,508 Posts
You are welcome. Hopefully we can be a sounding board for you if nothing else. It's frustrating, more often than not expensive, when our cars are having issues.

Don

1 - 6 of 6 Posts