Dodge Durango Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Idles great but when push the gas pedal like pushing on Air & i have no power to my Throttle Sensor ? thank any ideals ??. I have a 5.7 hemi only has 132000 miles .

·
Registered
436 Posts
Did you have a scanner reading your real time throttle position?

I had a similar issue when I would intermittently lose power while giving it any juice and it turned out to be a failing Cat Converter. I replaced the cats and it hasn't happened since. You can diagnose this by having a scanner hooked up while driving and monitoring the upstream and downstream sensors at the same time. I used a cheap ELM27 bluetooth interface and the Torque app on my phone.

·
Premium Member
5,473 Posts
Terry:
I'd think you'd be seeing trouble code(s) for the lower 02 sensors if your cats were having issues. How old is your battery? If not fairly new, have it load tested to rule out any issues there. Anytime you experience a sudden onset of electrical issues, or other weirdness, a battery test, and possibly a charging system check are in order.

Have you done the key dance, to check for stored trouble codes?

Don

·
Registered
5,672 Posts
Sounds like the pedal is not communicating with the throttle body or the TB is bad....might want to first check the simple things like the gas pedal is plugged in and hasn't broken or become disconnected. From there you want to make sure the pedal is sending an electrical signal to the TB. More than likely the TB is bad and I don't think you can replace any parts on it.

·
Registered
5,672 Posts
Here's some info on the electronic throttle body such as the Hemi has.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Terry:
I'd think you'd be seeing trouble code(s) for the lower 02 sensors if your cats were having issues. How old is your battery? If not fairly new, have it load tested to rule out any issues there. Anytime you experience a sudden onset of electrical issues, or other weirdness, a battery test, and possibly a charging system check are in order.

Don
Mine did not have a code for the sensors. It did have a code for a misfire. I drove it while connected to OBD for live data and I narrowed it down to the cats by monitoring the voltage from all 2 sensors at once. Downstream 2 was incredibly sporadic, not consistent with any pattern. I did put in a new sensor to eliminate that option before spending hundreds of dollars on cats.

I am not saying that OP is surely having the same issue, but was attempting to say that using live data and scanning for codes should be able to narrow it down quite a bit.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Terry:

Don
Thanks Don . The Battery Brand new .When i pulled codes before taking it to the local dodge dealer .pulled po593 & po1684. But Dodge dealer says they can not get any codes to come up . They have had my durango 2 & half months now .They keep saying give then another day or a week . They now have another guy trying his luck . Not sure if thats good or bad .yes I did the dance with the key .But it did not change anything .And also I tryed to reset the cluster gauges & they would not reset either .

·
Premium Member
5,473 Posts
Ok on all that Terry:
Have you changed the crank sensor? I have learned that they can be fine one moment, and a complete mess the next, without tripping any codes. OEM is recommended.

Don

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sounds like the pedal is not communicating with the throttle body or the TB is bad....might want to first check the simple things like the gas pedal is plugged in and hasn't broken or become disconnected. From there you want to make sure the pedal is sending an electrical signal to the TB. More than likely the TB is bad and I don't think you can replace any parts on it.
I did buy a new pedal sensor and installed it & it made no difference they did not like when i took it back they did not want to give me the $$ back . But they were the ones that told me that was what wrong with my durango so thats why i bought it . So i took it to that dealership 2 & half months ago .They still can not figure it out .They said it was not my computer when i had them diagnostic for 1 hour $165.00 .They could not figure it out and needed another hour & then another hour Then said it needed a new TB .And they claim they put a new one on & guess what .It did not fix it still start & idle no peddle like pushing on Air At a cost of $400 bucs . And now they are saying the computer must be bad at $800 bucs for a new one .They are for sure guessing .I said you told me it was good computer when i brought it in .Now i feel like i getting RAW on there service .My bill like $2000 and they not fixed it .Not sure what to do but pull my hair out .Thank you 4 help .

1 - 10 of 10 Posts