Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I don't post much but I need people's help here. I have a 2014 Limited V6 AWD and I've only really had two issues so far: one is about three months ago, the passenger seat creaks loudly whenever someone is sitting in it and I start from a stop or make a turn. It's really annoying and sounds terrible. The dealer told me that it was the seat track and that they lubricated/greased it. It was fine for two weeks and then started up again. I just took it in for an oil change and cabin air filter at 25000 miles and told them it was happening again so they said they lubricated it again and that the next step if it doesn't work is replacing the seat track or something like that. But it's still doing it!

Second problem is weird...when I'm in drive and sitting at a light (incline or not) I get a noticeable rattling sound (to me) sounds like it's coming from the engine compartment in front of the driver side. At the dealer, they told me they didn't hear anything so nothing could be done. I felt nuts. But I keep hearing it and it's driving me insane. It's like when Phil hears that low battery smoke detector beep and can't find where it is in Modern Family.

Has anyone had these issues too or know anything about what they might be? Please help!

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
The seat, does it happen in all seat positions? Can you make the noise if you sit in it and shake your butt with out driving it around?

The vibration, can you feel it, or just hear it? Might be a heat shield rattle.

Reactions: ggrudziak

·
Registered
108 Posts
Hi everyone. I don't post much but I need people's help here. I have a 2014 Limited V6 AWD and I've only really had two issues so far: one is about three months ago, the passenger seat creaks loudly whenever someone is sitting in it and I start from a stop or make a turn. It's really annoying and sounds terrible. The dealer told me that it was the seat track and that they lubricated/greased it. It was fine for two weeks and then started up again. I just took it in for an oil change and cabin air filter at 25000 miles and told them it was happening again so they said they lubricated it again and that the next step if it doesn't work is replacing the seat track or something like that. But it's still doing it!

Second problem is weird...when I'm in drive and sitting at a light (incline or not) I get a noticeable rattling sound (to me) sounds like it's coming from the engine compartment in front of the driver side. At the dealer, they told me they didn't hear anything so nothing could be done. I felt nuts. But I keep hearing it and it's driving me insane. It's like when Phil hears that low battery smoke detector beep and can't find where it is in Modern Family.

Has anyone had these issues too or know anything about what they might be? Please help!
I recently hear that vibration. It sounds like it's from on top or below steering wheel. I'm going to trouble shoot it Sunday. Been driving me crazy when I hear it

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The seat, does it happen in all seat positions? Can you make the noise if you sit in it and shake your butt with out driving it around?

The vibration, can you feel it, or just hear it? Might be a heat shield rattle.
I recently hear that vibration. It sounds like it's from on top or below steering wheel. I'm going to trouble shoot it Sunday. Been driving me crazy when I hear it
Yes it happens no matter what position the seat is in and it can be replicated when someone sitting in it moves their butt around. And I can just hear it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2,287 Posts
Does the rattle only happen when you are sitting in the driver's seat? Some have had the defroster vent cover come loose and others have had the washer fluid line that connects to the front jets come loose under the hood. I'd give both a look for starters...

Kevin

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Does the rattle only happen when you are sitting in the driver's seat? Some have had the defroster vent cover come loose and others have had the washer fluid line that connects to the front jets come loose under the hood. I'd give both a look for starters...

Kevin
I'm not sure I'm always driving. I'll check those though. Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
5,764 Posts
Second the heatshields, at least they were heard in our old gens... Mine are all off. so far the v6 challenger has no rattles, knock on wood.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts