Dodge Durango Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to the group and I just bought a 2001 4.7LT Durango. I'm not very familiar with Dodge vehicles; I've been a Ford guy most
of my life. My friend ran some codes on my Dodge and said I might have a " small vacuum leak". I've been told this particular year has some motor issues. Can anyone point me in the right direction before I have to replace the motor?

·
Super Moderator
13,001 Posts
Welcome aboard.

Get us the codes so we can see what's up.

·
Registered
5,291 Posts
352,000+ on my 2001 4.7L Durango..still fires right up and engine has never been opened up so not sure who told you there are engine issues with this yr.
Fix the vacuum leaks...common leak point are the hoses on the driver side that are part of the Evap system.
What codes are you getting?
Is the engine running?

·
Super Moderator
13,001 Posts
keep your cooling system clean, keep good clean oil in the crankcase, and it will run a long long time.
If yours has the radiator cap in the middle of the upper hose, keep a VERY close eye on that.. those are known to fail and dump all your coolant all over the engine compartment..

Keep a very close eye on the power steering pressure switch. It is prone to leak, causing PS fluid to wick up into the electrical harness and cause major problems.. starting with poisoning the O2 sensors.

My guess is that the code isn't a "vacuum leak" but something like P0456 Evap Leak Monitor Small Leak Detected .. which is probably a cracked hose as Chase mentioned.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts