Dodge Durango Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I received in the mail from FCA a USB chip for a "Y25" update for the radio software on my Hellcat...apparently to enable over-the-air software updates that weren't happening. I followed all instructions to the word, and gave it more than ample time while running the car, and now my previously perfectly-functioning radio and Uconnect is now just a black screen (though the back-up camera does work when I go enter revese, and when I turn off the car I do see a flash of the main screen).

Did anyone else have issues with this? Really annoying, as my HC has literally had zero problems until FCA gets involved...

·
Registered
2021 Durango Reactor Blue RT T&G Sold- 2014 Dodge Durango Limited in Silver
21 Posts
How to Reset Uconnect®
Wondering how to reset the Uconnect® system? Whether you’re looking for a Uconnect® 5.0 reset or you are driving a newer model, many (if not all) of the same steps apply. Here’s how to perform a soft reset:
  • Put your vehicle in park and ensure that it is in “RUn” mode.
  • Press and hold both the volume and turner knob buttons simultaneously.
  • Hold down the knobs for roughly 10-20 seconds.
  • A screen should flash with your vehicle’s brand name, then go dark once more.
  • Next, the brand name will return and will return to the main Uconnect® page.
The above Uconnect® reset is considered a “soft reset” and should help remedy any minor bluetooth or navigation issues without clearing any of your preset functions.

Give this a try

·
Registered
15 Posts
Recieved the same kit. Didn't work for us either. Fortutiously(?), it has a service appt tommorrow for the non operational windshield wiper stalk, so the dealer will update SW then.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Well the plot thickens for our ride. I am on software revision FCA-MY21.R17.73-PROD. I had it at the dealer for another issue, and they claim that they don't even have the software to update it. Futhermore, Uconnect website also says that there are no updates available.

And that revision has not 12 nor 24 presets, but 18.....Weird.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
about 6 months ago long after the update was posted on this site for the diy crowd..my dealer said there was no open updates for my vin...seems all these upgrades are vin based...anyway after 1 year of ownership I get the usb drive mailed

·
Premium Member
2,190 Posts
about 6 months ago long after the update was posted on this site for the diy crowd..my dealer said there was no open updates for my vin...seems all these upgrades are vin based...anyway after 1 year of ownership I get the usb drive mailed
There was a Forum member with a Durango made the same month as mine and only mine showed the need for the update.

·
Premium Member
243 Posts
Not sure why some of you are having issues with the update. It could be a variety of things. Bottom line, if you own a 2021 with UConnect5 and your radio isn't at software revision 17.99 you are not current. The UConnect website has been wrong for most since they initially rolled this Y25 update out. The Y25 (USB) update will get your software to 17.89 and then shortly thereafter (a day or a week or more) you will receive the OTA update to 17.99. You will be prompted via the UConnect screen when it is available to install. If you aren't having any issues with your software then the choice to update is up to you.

For those having issues you can download the 17.89 flash file from the link provided here and try to install it again.

Download the zip file
Format a USB stick (at least 4 GB) to FAT32
Copy the zip file directly onto the formatted USB stick (DO NOT UNZIP the downloaded file)
Insert the USB stick into either one of the USB ports below the radio
It should prompt you to update your software.

Don't freak out if our SRT pages or other things aren't available directly after the update. It takes the radio some time to reconfigure itself to match your specific options.

If the radio hasn't returned to "normal" after a day or so I would recommend a factory data reset through the radio menu. That has worked for most to restore things to normal.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Weird, I have 18 but don't remember how many I had before
Lol now I have to go back and really count the #.....I have not driven the hulk since the update...will let you guys know so as to ease your mind that I may have some super duper version...

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Ok so the cabernet was clouding my mind...I have 18 presets...and the first time starting her up after the Y25 the radio did not find the xm satellite so did a soft reset and now all good..

·
Registered
191 Posts
Ok so the cabernet was clouding my mind...I have 18 presets...and the first time starting her up after the Y25 the radio did not find the xm satellite so did a soft reset and now all good..
Weird, I have 18 but don't remember how many I had before
I know I don't have a HC... but until today I thought I only had 18.... Then I noticed an arrow in lower right directing to a 2nd page... of which I have a total of 24... :oops:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Not sure why some of you are having issues with the update. It could be a variety of things. Bottom line, if you own a 2021 with UConnect5 and your radio isn't at software revision 17.99 you are not current. The UConnect website has been wrong for most since they initially rolled this Y25 update out. The Y25 (USB) update will get your software to 17.89 and then shortly thereafter (a day or a week or more) you will receive the OTA update to 17.99. You will be prompted via the UConnect screen when it is available to install. If you aren't having any issues with your software then the choice to update is up to you.

For those having issues you can download the 17.89 flash file from the link provided here and try to install it again.

Download the zip file
Format a USB stick (at least 4 GB) to FAT32
Copy the zip file directly onto the formatted USB stick (DO NOT UNZIP the downloaded file)
Insert the USB stick into either one of the USB ports below the radio
It should prompt you to update your software.

Don't freak out if our SRT pages or other things aren't available directly after the update. It takes the radio some time to reconfigure itself to match your specific options.

If the radio hasn't returned to "normal" after a day or so I would recommend a factory data reset through the radio menu. That has worked for most to restore things to normal.
So I've got 17.98. Any idea how to get to 17.99?
Font Audio equipment Gadget Home appliance Automotive lighting

·
Registered
2016 Durango R/T Arizona
2,264 Posts
It's supposed to be over the air only.

Reactions: Warweasel
1 - 20 of 22 Posts