Dodge Durango Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm replacing the heater core in my 01 Duro. Got it apart and realized the heater core was replaced in 2010. The plastic end tank cracked and ruined a nice pair of boots. I'm hoping to find a replacement core that is All Metal. So far, No Luck!

Anyone know if an All Metal core is available?

·
Registered
4 Posts
There is not, I do have a brand new OEM style core that I would sell cheap; still in the box. Ordered one without the tubes and never installed it. Personally get one with the tubes since you cannot get them by themselves; my truck had an electrolysis issue in the cooling system that I could never get rid of. It ate the tubes out and that was were my leaks developed both times; right where they insert into the core. I was going to mod this core to accept barbed nipples and do away with the tubes but sold the truck before I got around to it.

Drop me a PM if you want this core and I will shoot you number so you can double check fitment; my Dakota was an 02.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Adam, for reading my post and responding. I've checked every parts supplier I can find, with no luck. Currently I'm waiting to hear back from a radiator shop that may be able to fabricate a metal tank. They're willing to look at it, anyway.
I'll keep your offer in mind and contact you if needed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's July 2019 and I still have not replaced this heater core. Truck parked for past 2 years. If I'm forced to go back with a Plastic tank core, I will be trading/unloading this Piece Of Sh*t!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts