Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone else have their "active head restraint" deploy randomly? Was cruising on the highway and it popped for no apparent reason...Gave my wife a nice headache, and scared the crap out of us.

·
Super Moderator
12,775 Posts
NHTSA will want to hear about that.

Never heard that before, here or in GC land..

Reactions: Durango_Junkie

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
NHTSA will want to hear about that.

Never heard that before, here or in GC land..
Yup, I'll file a complaint. A quick google search brought up some issues and recalls (Chrysler), although nothing very recent.

·
Super Moderator
12,775 Posts
At least on a '14, the two headrests deploy together.. there's no circuitry to deploy just one (according to the FSM, anyway..)

The release is just a solenoid-driven latch, maybe it wasn't latched correctly/completely when it was assembled?

·
Administrator
28,307 Posts
It can also be reset but it should probably be replaced as it is most likely defective
STEVE

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Took a trip to the dealer...of course they couldn't find anything wrong with it and just reset it. Said maybe it wasn't fully latched from the factory, and if it happened again they'd replace it.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Took a trip to the dealer...of course they couldn't find anything wrong with it and just reset it. Said maybe it wasn't fully latched from the factory, and if it happened again they'd replace it.
Dealer gunna pay possible medical bills??

Id throw that at them to make them want to replace it

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just yesterday same happened with the passenger seat on my Durango R/T 2014. And I have the same question to my dealer since my warranty is expired just month ago. View attachment 69321
Mine has been fine since. The dealer just "re-set"...said it probably wasnt fully set from the factory. You can re-set it yourself if the dealer wants $$$ to look at it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Actually it seems like all latches broken inside. And my dealer got reply from Dodge.
Unfortunately replacement is not approved.
These fackers just want to suck money! Piece of scrap. It has only 35000 km on its odometer,
and starts to surprising me just one month after warranty is expired!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Mine just did this too-- passenger side only. Can't tell if anything is broken but I can't get it to snap back together. Sounds like I need to take it to Dodge.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2015 Dodge Durango Passenger Headrest deployed

My passenger seat headrest deployed yesterday 8/22/18 with my 2015 Dodge Durango Citadel 8 Cylinder vehicle. I was driving my car like normal when it happened. Thankfully no one was in the passenger seat when it happened!!!! I called Chrysler and they are sending someone out to my place of business to investigate it. I'm really nervous that the same thing will happen with the driver side while I'm driving. Clearly this is happening with ALOT of their vehicles and this should be immediately recalled!!!!! They are going to end up getting sued if they don't issue recalls for this ASAP!!! Get it together CRYSLER... this should NOT be happening! Its extremely dangerous!!!!!

IMG_6414.jpg
IMG_6418.jpg
IMG_6419.jpg

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
My passenger seat headrest deployed yesterday 8/22/18 with my 2015 Dodge Durango Citadel 8 Cylinder vehicle. I was driving my car like normal when it happened. Thankfully no one was in the passenger seat when it happened!!!! I called Chrysler and they are sending someone out to my place of business to investigate it. I'm really nervous that the same thing will happen with the driver side while I'm driving. Clearly this is happening with ALOT of their vehicles and this should be immediately recalled!!!!! They are going to end up getting sued if they don't issue recalls for this ASAP!!! Get it together CRYSLER... this should NOT be happening! Its extremely dangerous!!!!!

View attachment 100012
View attachment 100014
View attachment 100016
Actually, they are getting sued, a lawyer saw this thread and contacted me to see if I qualified to be part of it.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts